Tinted Tail lights – Pic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F360

Reaction score
I installed the IPCW tail lights and the led 3rd brake light. I had them tinted dark black, the light output is excellent, even the reverse light output is okay and did not affect the rear view camera much.
Overall, installation is very easy and I am very happy with the final result.

Before
DSCN4216.jpg

DSCN4212.jpg

After
DSCN4509.jpg

DSCN4511.jpg

DSCN4514.jpg

DSCN4515.jpg

DSCN4521.jpg

DSCN4506.jpg

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look real good, Yukon does too!!!:thumbsup:
Good thing you don't live in my area with tails painted that dark becaus the cops would **** their pants over that!

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are the stock taillights...
Yukon looks good

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looks great. Light output looks good considering how dark the lens' look in the pictures.

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very glad you blacked those out. i really don't like the euro style tail light that much. i purchased some eagle eye tail lights and they arrived in like a smoked chrome. looks to Rice Burnerish for me so i blacked them out and i have great light output still.

looks great, nice and clean good job

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to why tinting the tails would affect the rear view camera.

M6hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bc it darkens the lens, therefore giving out less light from your reverse lights.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting cuz on mine when I put it back in Drive and the camera is still but backups are off and turned lites off and the view doesn't change. That's why I thought maybe they had an IR projector in the camera lens.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I personally think the stock Yukon tail lights hurts the looks of the vehicles.

F360

Reaction score
Those look real good, Yukon does too!!!:thumbsup:
Good thing you don't live in my area with tails painted that dark becaus the cops would **** their pants over that!

Thanks, they do look dark, but the light output is excellent

Where did you get those tail lights from?

I ordered them from Jeff, he helped me getting them tinted

Link for the tail light
http://www.shopcustomcreations.com/07-Up-Chevy-GMC-LED-Tails-IPCW/prod-790.html

Link for the 3rd break light
http://www.shopcustomcreations.com/2007-09-Chevy-GM-LED-3rd-Brakelite/prod-193.html

Are you from the GCC countries?
Yes, I am from Saudi

F360

Reaction score
Those are the stock taillights...
Yukon looks good

The first 2 pic are the stock taillights, but the one after are the lid

Looks great. Light output looks good considering how dark the lens' look in the pictures.

Thanks JKmotorsports :thumbsup:

very glad you blacked those out. i really don't like the euro style tail light that much. i purchased some eagle eye tail lights and they arrived in like a smoked chrome. looks to Rice Burnerish for me so i blacked them out and i have great light output still.

looks great, nice and clean good job

Thanks, one of the things I hated in the Yukon was the taillights, I was searching for a good replacement from day 1, till I found a post by Jeff about lid taillights. I knew its what I wanted, but deciding to black them out took some thinking
Do you have any pic of your Tahoe taillights?

Just curious as to why tinting the tails would affect the rear view camera.

As M6hoe mentioned it reduce the reverse light output. I did notice some difference in the view, but its not that significant.
I am also planning to install HID in the reverse light :D

F360

Reaction score
That's interesting cuz on mine when I put it back in Drive and the camera is still but backups are off and turned lites off and the view doesn't change. That's why I thought maybe they had an IR projector in the camera lens.

I noticed that the view is 15 to 20% less than before

Looks good! I personally think the stock Yukon tail lights hurts the looks of the vehicles.