Touch up Paint Spray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a can of Touch up Spray (Graystone Metallic) from automotivetouchup.com and am not too happy with the color match. I painted the bow tie and hitch cover and the color is off by a few shades. I know it's difficult to match a metallic paint, but I didn't expect it to be off as much as it is. Anyone here have better results from other paint places?

When I contacted them regarding the issue, they told me that I probably used too heavy of coats and that heavy coats tends to darken the color. I don't know if this is true, but i coated everything with 2 light coats and a 3rd heavier before applying the clear.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do you suggest? This was not your off the shelf auto spray paint. It's the same paint a bodyshop would use. I've seen many accessories painted with GM Paint spray and other brands and they have been a near perfect match. I may try a can directly from my dealer or my local paint supply store.

Last edited: