TPMS and aftermarket wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cablecon

Reaction score
I had the stock 20" wheels replaced with 22" wheels with low profile tires to keep outside diameter the same and cannot get the tpms reset. I had horn honk twice and DIC say I was in learn mode. Went to LF and let air out for 30 sec. No horn honk, but kept letting air out then after 2 min it goes out of learn mode. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same happened to me. My truck didnt recognize the tp sensors after the wheels were replaced even though I used the same I had. Had to take it to the dealer and they used a signal amplificator to set it up. Charged me $60.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same happened to me. My truck didnt recognize the tp sensors after the wheels were replaced even though I used the same I had. Had to take it to the dealer and they used a signal amplificator to set it up. Charged me $60.

WOW...they charged you $60????? It takes all of 45 seconds to do with that. I hate dealers :skep:

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after replacing tires with different sizes speed ratings etc. you have to go into the rcdlr and setup the pressures speed rating load rating etc. and then do the relearn. as your truck is setup for stock tires wheels. its a little more complicated than just relearning the sensor positions.

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to any discount tire, they will do it for free.. they did for me when i replace the tires on my wifes SUV.

turboedmsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone find out if this can be done other than the dealer?

i just purchase a used 07tahoe with 22" wheels and the TPMS are not installe, anyone know where i can get these?

Thanksn

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ebay for around $100-$140 a set. you will have to have the BCM reprogrammed for 22" Wheels. It helps with tire pressure and Electronic stability control, ABS, etc.