Upholstery: Cloth to Leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBeigkahuna

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Back again with the intent to spend spend spend some more! This time, it's trying to replace cloth seats with leather seats. I've heard that it can be cheaper to get the cloth covers removed and replaced with leather covers. I've also heard of just having the seats swapped out. Which do you think is the best option? I do have automatic seats, no warmers, and I dont' want to lose that function. Concerned that by just replacing the cloth covers, the seats won't look very good. Reason for replacing is that while deployed, I let my sister drive it, and she contributed to about 6 cigarette burns in the front and middle seats. Leather will also help to get rid of the smoke smell that is now present in my baby. I figure if I'm going to get the seats fixed, might as well make an upgrade. I have no idea what this kind of thing would cost, as I'm waiting for someone back in the states to take my 'hoe to some of the places I've looked up on the net. Anything to watch out for when going around for estimates? Appreciate your feedback. :thumbsup:

M.M. 700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure of what Year/Vehical. But you can usally find seats at junk yards.

I have a second row bench light grey leather seats, out of a 04 Tahoe for sale.

I see alot of 3rd row leather seats on E-Bay for cheap

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want more of a custom looking leather you can order some katskinz.

LeadFootCole

Reaction score
I put katskins in my 05 Tahoe. They basicly remove the cloth and put the new leather covers right over the existing seats. They look very professional and you cant tell them from stock. I paid about $1200 bucks for all three rows in my truck. Good luck!

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Katskins are the way to go. I cannot tell any difference between my seats and the stock leather.