Water in Right Rear Passenger Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beh2241

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Brian and I own a 2012 Tahoe LTZ. We had some bad rains if you can believe it in Southern California. I drove the Tahoe and heard water sloshing around. To my surprise water had accumulated in the right rear passenger door and was sloshing around. How can this be and has anyone else had this happen. And before anyone chimes in, no the doors were fully shut and the window fully closed at all times prior to the incident. I don't use that door much.

Please advise

:(

bladenbullet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
water runs into doors on all vehicles by design...the seals on the outside of windows are ornamental and keep out large debris only...there are drains on the bottom of the door (at least 2 per door) that must be checked periodically as they can get clogged....most frequently on cars that get parked under trees where a steady flow of debris is common....

check under the door and you will see the drain holes...clear them and the water will run out....

beh2241

Reaction score
Water in the Door

I've checked as you say but can't seem to find the drain holes. Having local dealer take care of it. Thank You so much.

Brian Henderson
Burbank, CA

bladenbullet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry about that....theyre probably hidden by the seals at the bottom of the door....here is a picture of the rear drain on the left rear door of my 2007....its a hole near the bottom of the door flange....most doors have several of them along the bottom edge....once you see them its easy to understand how they can become clogged...

Attachments

• 100_2348.jpg
    100_2348.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 45

beh2241

Reaction score
More about Water in Passenger Door

Yes, thank you so much! I did visit the dealer and had to have them clean it out from the door panel as well. It had become so clogged and I really wanted to check to see if there was any water damage. Thankfully, they are built sturdy enough to weather the day or two of water in the door. I want to thank you for your picture it was really helpful as I didn't think to look behind the rubber flange. Thanks for going the extra mile.

Brian Henderson
Burbank, CA