water trapped in a/c vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportblazer350

Reaction score
in my '94 Blazer there is water trapped in the a/c vents I had the drain tube blown out with compressed air so now it drains outside vs inside the cabin, but I still hear water trapped inside when driving. what should I do next?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shure its water? Perhaps you are hearing coolant circulate thru the heater core?

sportblazer350

Reaction score
te; but whatever it is, I hear a lot of fluid swishing around in the vents ? any thoughts on how to proceed? yes, condensation water is now draining through the firewall vent when using the a/c, however I did get a few drops inside the passenger side after I shut the truck off, not while driving with a/c on.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it is still plugged up somewhat? Did you pull the rubber elbow off and use a piece of wire to clear it?

sportblazer350

Reaction score
yes I removed the elbow and my mechanic blew it out with compressed air, however I am still leaking inside on the passenger side, water coming through the ducts. My mechanic told me that I have to take apart the dash to get down to where the water is. Even if I do that, why is water trapped inside and not all of it flowing through the firewall tube?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't want to blow it out, you want to drag all the junk out, blowing it out it will have chance to plug up again. I pulled my fan out of my rig and used a fine brass brush on the evaporator, you would not believe all the junk I pulled out......

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 98 you can, I don't know if you 94 is built the same way....

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYnH2mfjqtQ

This is how I cleaned my Evaporator and housing, well minus the garden hose.

I used a small brass brush I could fit up in there with my hand and kinda used the bristles to clean the evaporator core surface (was coated with crap), and to remove the crud at the bottom. I also used my shop vac to suck up a ton of crud, must have been packed half full.. Much better airflow, cooling, and less smell.....