weathertech cargo mat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Weathertech cargo mat for my '08 Yukon XL. Will the third row seats come out and in just the same?
I know some guys here have one and the Weathertech site photo shows the mat molded to the floor past the third row seats which is what I want. I take the seats out often for Lowes/Home Depot trips etc... and need the cargo mat to protect the interior floor. Leaving the seats out is not an option as I got the Xl due to having three kids. The Yukon or Tahoe size just doesn't cut it for me....need the space :). Anyone with experience with this cargo mat? Comments appreciated. I don't want to buy it,just to send it back. The Weathertech site does not mention anything about the seats coming in/out but it appears to be made for that.
Joe

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen pictures somewhere in the forum that shows the cargo mat and there are openings where the seat mount, just like the 2nd row mats. I don't see why it would affect how the 3rd row seats come out.

With the seats out, you might want to just put something over the openings (depending on how dirty the cargo is that you're carrying).

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 suburban so it will work the same on the yukon.

The 3rd row mat will cover the whole top floorboard. The floorboard that the 3rd row seats sit on to the rear hatch.

The WeatherTech floor liner comes as a solid mat and will have pre-molded cut-outs for the rails of the 3rd row seats. In order for you to use the 3rd row seats you will have to cut them out. This is very easy to do but once done, it can't be undone. Meaning once you remove the 3rd row seats for a trip to Home depot you will be left with the upper floorboard unprotected from where the 3rd row seat rails were.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I looked back on this forum and found some photos and the info I wanted...didn't think about doing that before asking:ktoe:
It looks like the mat just needs to be cut for the rear seat supports. Easy enough since the mat is molded to be cut.
Joe

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might keep the cutout piece to lay in the hole when seats are out to keep any crud out.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should all email WeatherTech and ask them to make a pop-out seat rail section and not one that needs to be cut out. I think if enough emails are sent they will listen.