Weird dash trim combination

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

igbig

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have only been reading this forum for a few weeks and this is my first posting, so please forgive me if this topic has been discussed in the past. I did a search and didnt find anything. We bought a 2007 Tahoe last year right about the time gas went to $3.25 (real smart!) The truck turned one year old as of September 2008. When we were shopping dealers the only thing i didnt like was the wood dash trim on the interior. Our Tahoe is a white LT3, with black (ebony) leather.

To my surprise, the white Tahoes we looked at all had silver dash trim like the Z-71s. This made me really happy! but the weird thing is, althought 90% of the trim was silver, 10% or so was wood! For example the small piece by the drivers A/C vent and all 4 of the window/lock controls. It doesnt really look that bad, but i would rather have it all silver and get rid of the wood.

I was just wondering if any one else has this strange configuration? were these mistakes? There were 3 more white/black Tahoes on the lot that had the same silver trim, although i dont remember if they had the wood pieces also.

I have attached some pictures of my interior

Attachments

• DSC03298.jpg
    DSC03298.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC03299.jpg
    DSC03299.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC03300.jpg
    DSC03300.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 25

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hubby's Silverado had a strange config as well. He had wood trim everywhere except around the air vents which were brushed aluminum. We ended up replacing all of his wood trim with the brushed aluminum.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks kind of weird. Silver and wood trimming. My LTZ is woodtrim pretty much all around where it's supposed to be. In that first pic where that lil trim is next to the drivers side air vent, that looks really tacky. I have a feeling a few of these were sent out like that when not intended to be. Maybe the early ones that came out of the factory??

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I think the wood looks tacky, which is a major reason I looked right past the Denali. I have had all wood pieces and brushed aluminum pieces painted black to match the outside of my truck. I only have brushed aluminum around the radio and on the steering wheel. I LOVE this look. If I was in your shoes, I think I would see about sourcing replacement pieces for those cheap looking wood pieces. I do like the brushed aluminum so I would complete the look. Next I need to paint the emblems black, grill and rear door.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well like I said I have the wood trim in my LTZ and not until this morning did I notice that I have that tacky lil wood trim next to the drivers side air vent lol. Didn't even notice 'til now.

z71LTZ

Reaction score
Everything in your pics is standard LTZ configuration.
Not really. My LTZ has Wood on each side of the radio, around the trip buttons, and along the dash above the glove box.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really. My LTZ has Wood on each side of the radio, around the trip buttons, and along the dash above the glove box.

You're right. Missed that. Looks like a hybrid combo between a Z/71 and LTZ.

z71LTZ

Reaction score
And wouldn't you know, I was checking it out on the way home from work, and the trim along the trip buttons is very loose. Feels like a clip towards the gauge cluster side broke. Whaaahappend!!! :mad:

joetm

Reaction score
that is really wierd .... I'd take it to the dealer and have them replace it for free

i have brushed al around the vents and wood everywhere else