welded up the magnaflow....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that magnaflow isnt to bad, even with the turn down, it fires up loud in the morning when its idleing high, but its not to bad otherwise...the little woman doesnt seem to mind.

Yea it was a good price, i had to do more leg work then most people, but its like i tell my girlfriend, i have more time then money, so i tracked everything down myself and saved some money.

hoezaycuervo

Reaction score
I paid $88 for my Magnaflow, about $58 for 2 12"x3.5" T-304 Stainless Steel Tips, then $140 to have it installed with pipes coming out the rear corners.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the sound clip, sorry about the quality guys, this camera isnt the greatest ever. I must say, i think its quieter then it was when i first installed it... i have some questions though that i want to ask all you muffler having folks

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t222/tybardy/?action=view&current=VID00006.flv

Ever since i welded up the muffler, i think the truck runs "rougher"... now i suppose this is nothing more then the rumble of the muffler "rattling" things around... is that correct?

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds perfect to me, Ty. Nice and quiet idling, then rips when you open it up.

Me likey!

All I really want is the muffler, and a piece of mandrel bent polished stainless to replace the stock piping by the rear right tire. I don't wanna change the look too much, just make it a little prettier, lol. Almost ten years on the stock stainless pipe...it looks like ass, lol.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to steel a camera that is just left on the ground. LOLZ

Soounds good, and you sound like you belong in tx not Az. :smilielol:

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since i welded up the muffler, i think the truck runs "rougher"... now i suppose this is nothing more then the rumble of the muffler "rattling" things around... is that correct?

Mine doesn't rattle or anything... I did notice this weekend some of the vibrations were moving into the dash... but it may have just been something we had in the center console.

jdixon74

Reaction score
I just had 40 Series Flowmaster welded up and it roars when you get on it but its alot quieter then i was used to with my previous hoe (course i had headers and duals on it). Reading through all the topics on exhaust i have come to the conclusion that turning the tip down out of the muffler gets that sound more into the interior. Off to the weld shop again monday then. I have to have him fix a rattle at idle anyways. Usually means its to tight.

HOGWILD

Reaction score
I had the 16 inch single inlet to dual outlet...liked it but wanted it a little louder...went with the magnaflow 6 inch race muffler with the 3 inch inlet and 3 inch outlet went back to single exhaust...by far the best sound I have heard on a tahoe .... with no drone at all!! ....you said you had a 24 inch? I would think it would sound almost stock except when you get on it...right? cause my 16 inch was pretty quiet