What are the stock speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardmaster91

Reaction score
i have a 1999 tahoe and i can't find any specs on the stock audio system. I would like to know the peak and rms rating for my speakers, specifically the back door speakers, not the 4x10's in the back back, but in the rear passenger doors.

I've even checked the manufacturer's website, but they don't have any specs on them.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to come off the wrong way, but why would you want to know this? I dont know specifics, but my best guess would be around 25-30 watts rms. they're nothin special...

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum. I cant remember exactly, but I think the Bose I had in the D were 25W.

cardmaster91

Reaction score
i'll try and run them at 25, thx.

the reason is that i hooked up 4 100watt speakers and threw them in a box under the seat because they wouldnt fit in the doors. i ran them from the back 4x10's that were blown and those are on the same connection as the door speakers. If i hooked up, they would blow.

this is just temporary until i get an amp

Doggworld1233

Reaction score
if i remember correctly the stock speakers are paper... anything with a brand name is going to be an upgrade. the rear doors are shallow mount. and the front will work with most anything.