What's up guys new member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junkrider

Reaction score
OK so wanted to say hello and hopefully get a little direction with a problem on my hoe. Long story short had a lower intake gasket leak, replaced that battled the nightmare of timing the vortec engine. ( lost timing marks due to replacing lower intake. Battled the egr tube and the intake was the causality). Got it all back together started throwing cylinder 1 misfire codes. Plug was not wet. Checked compression and it didn't even register anything. Pulled the head today expecting a bent valve, and visually I can see nothing that looks bad. Filled a couple cylinders up with oil waiting to see what happens on a leak down. But my question is what could have happened over the course of a intake gasket replacment that could have caused this? It ran good before the intake gasket started leaking. I'm just very confused because the cylinder seemed to lose compression over the gasket change. Any insight or direction would be greatly appreciated.