When will they build my dream Tahoe ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe99

Reaction score
When I had my 99 Tahoe I loved it, but there were few thing they could improve on them. Since then I had a 02 Sequoia, Ram Megacab, Tribeca, and now I am driving an 06 Explorer Eddie Bauer - please do not shoot :). When the 00-06 came out, I loved the look of the Z71's - gorgeous. I did not need to switch then, so that past. Now I was looking at the 07+ ones, and they still have the 4 main things that drive me nuts on Tahoes:

1. 3rd row leg room - give me a break. I tried to sit there, and I would not even ask my 8 year old to spend 10 minutes there. I know it has a solid axle under, but my Sequoia from 11 years ago had normal footwell room with the axle under it. My Explorer that is a size smaller has also tons of leg room there. C'mon GM.....Same issue since 2000

2. Pass windows rolling down half way. I know you have the wheel arch, but so do many other short base SUV's. There is a simple solution to it: make part of the window a fixed glass, and then roll down the remaining part. Same issue since 1995.

3. Second row bench does not recline (unless I don't know better). With small kids on long trips, they want to go to sleep. They can't sitting straight up !!! I know the buckets recline, but all my older SUVs; Sequoia, Tribeca, Explorer did have that feature.

4. Fold the 3rd seats into the floor.

Last year we rented a 2011 Yukon XL to go from NY to Florida. The longer GM's solve the first 2 issues. I loved that truck. We clocked 2500 miles in a week, and my kids begged me not to return it to Hertz (you want to see your daddy in jail ?:). It was the most comfortable family vehicle I drove so far, forget the Sequoia.

So I am waiting for a Tahoe (do not realy like Expedition even thou it meets all my conditions) that will address those. I just love the way they look and drive.

Tahoe99

Reaction score
I was told that Traverse is my new Tahoe :)

I kind of like having a frame under me...