where can i get rear axle gears?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shawnkfl

Reaction score
i need to rebuild my rear axle. it a 1995 tahoe 4x4. i've snooped around but can't find a site to order the gears from. haynes manual is very weak at explaining how to replace them too, so i'll be looking for a service manual. also, where can i find out what the gears i have are? i want to replace all of them while i have it apart. i checked complete axles at the scrapyard today. they want $95.00 for just the empty axle. extra for the gears and cover.

qlc1964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wanted to change my pinon &ring gear when one tooth broke and put a hole in the diff cover i seen them on ebay but after reading the procedures with the right gapping
>>>etc no way i was taking it on . so $1400.00 for rebuild .

shawnkfl

Reaction score
wow! that's a steep price! i've replaced gears before, so i know i can handle the job. i just can't seem to find them. replacing them isn't a tough job, just work slowly and meticulously. and clean. i'm not sure if i even need the gears yet, but if i do, i would like to know where to get them. i hate the thought of grabbing a junkyard axle and throwing it in without knowing it's condition.