Where was my Tahoe assembled? Janesville or Arlington?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockhult

Reaction score
Bought my first Tahoe yesturday, a 2001 LT.

Would like to find out where it was build, Customs papers states it arrived on the dock from U.S.A. So that rule out non US plants.

Janesville, Wisconsin, United States or Arlington, Texas, United States then.

But are there any way to pinpoint more which one?

Took a nice two hour ride to pick up a liter of milk, I decided all stores closer were closed today :naughty:

clkelley

Reaction score
Note the first character in the VIN code. This tells you in what country the truck was made. The number "1" indicates the van was built in the United States. A "2" indicates the van was built in Canada and a "3" indicates the vehicle was built in Mexico.

The eleventh character in the VIN code. This tells you what assembly plant the van came out of. A "B" indicates Baltimore. An "E" indicates Pontiac. An "F" indicates Flint. A "J" indicates Jamesville. A "K" indicates Linden. A "Z" indicates Fort Wayne. An "O" indicates Pontiac. A "1" indicates Oshawa. A "2" indicates Moraine. A "3" indicates Detroit. A "4" indicates Shreveport.

Hope this helps...