Which 3rd Row Seat design do you like better?

Which 3rd Row seat design do you like better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WesBEnterprise

Reaction score
Bench

Bench looks cleaner, and you can fit more people.

PS Anyone want to trade me their bench for my (titanium) bucket? Really!

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, bench for sure. BUT, of course it depends on your people-hauling requirements. In fact, I have a second-row bench as well (a requirement for us), so maybe I'm not the best one to comment. If I didn't have such a large family, I'd love to have just the captain's chairs in the second row, and a bench in the back...but the power fold-and-tumble 60/40 second-row bench on the '07 Denali is very handy for the kids and wife.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would prefer the buckets, but only if I didn't need to carry any more than 5 other's plus myself. Since I rarely have even four in my rig, I would just remove the rear seat and use it for cargo.:D But my vote is for the buckets.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the above. I removed them about a week after getting my truck because of the lack of space. I did have the 50/50 split bench. I did like the way they rolled out but would have preferred them folding into the floor.

Oh well...These will just gather dust in the garage.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the buckets only because it reminds me of the interior of an airplane, but for functionality I would definately rather have the bench!!

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not too sure how much more functional the bench would be. From the picture, it looks to me that the person sitting in the center position would have to be pretty small if all 3 passengers use the seat belts. But it's tough to be sure until someone actually tries to sit there.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think all third row seats are designed for kids, even though the car companies deny it, I've never been able to sit comfortably in a third row seat, bucket or bench :Chevy:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember as a kid, riding in my parents brand new 1973 Pontiac Grand Safari station wagon. I always had to ride in the third seat in that car with two of my sisters. It faced backwards, and I usually got car sick from looking backwards all the time. No way even two adults could have sat in that seat. Sure, it was fun at first. We could wave at the people following us, but I always felt that they were kind of laughing at us. "Look at those poor kids, they can only see where they've been, and they will probably get car sick from that".:lol: I don't think we even had seat belts in that seat.

Tana

Reaction score
I like the bench, because I can haul more kids!:eek:

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like buckets just because i like the equal seating of 6 people, but the third row in my yukon xl is very comfortable, even for me and i am 6'2"

Ech0

Reaction score
I think the bench seats "look" better and seem to finish out the interior.

I would much prefer not having them at all and the extra money in my pocket. The day I got the Tahoe home the seats came out and into the bedroom closet.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3rd row center is definitely for a child or a very narrow adult.

Gman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fort Worth, Texas "Where the West Begins"
We're empty nesters and ordered ours without a third row seat. It's great because the floor is flat with no seat mount attachments and looks a heck of a lot better. With no kids at home or grandkids the only thing we haul is a$$. :clapping:

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine are just sitting in storage...needed room for the subs :) but if i had to pick one i'd go with the buckets

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We looked at vehicles, that were each way to make up our mind. Our daughter chose the bench. She can spread out more, she will set with her feet up on the seat, like laying on the couch.

Auburn

Reaction score
We wanted the bench, but other options were more important so we ended up with bucket. We don't have enough storage space in our garage/house so they stay in the Tahoe.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely bench for us. :thumbsup: With 3 boys, they need room to move! Our 2nd row captain chairs keep my bigger boys comfy while my little one has room to chill in the back... Gets kinda crowded in the very back when we have to accomodate guests, but all-in-all, the Hoe has an amazing ride, even when filled to capacity!

1BadPig

Reaction score
My vote is bench too, but I do wish it is a 60/40 instead of 50/50. With 2nd row buckets, if we go on vacation we need to take out one of the 3rd row for luggage, then the Tahoe is a 5 seater. However, with 60/40, we can conceivably take out one and still make it a 6 seater.