Whistle noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any of you all hear a high pitch whistle noise when giving the tahoe gas. I can hear it, which sounds like its on the other side of the fire wall. i thought it was something on the exterior of the vehicle blowing in the wind but it does it when i am parked. its only a 2007 with 7k on it, and i hate going back to the dealer and have to get a rental for a day so they can tell me its nothing. any suggestions?

Splitting 8s

Reaction score
I have been experiencing something similar for the last week or so. It happens when I hit the gas and when idling. Comes and goes. Took it into the dealer yesterday but they can't replicate the noise. We will see if it continues.

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard something like you are describing, rarely comes and goes just as quickly, of course this is when I do not have the stereo on when I actually hear it. Does not seem to have any adverse effect on the performance of the truck so I won't worry about it at the present. If it gets loader and happens on a regular basis, I will have the dealer look at it. It could be whining from the pulleys, power steering pump or something else. Just some thoughts...

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same sound about two months after I bought the truck. The dealer could not replicate it. But the sound went away during the winter and has not come back. I am wondering if it was a new belt that was too tight or snug on the pulley, and now the belt has either loosened or worn an edge away.

Tcwhite

Reaction score
I had one when I first got my yukon and it happened to be the serpentine belt. I got it replaced and no more whistle!