Who here is running Mcgaughys spindles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I understand the boot not sitting flush like it does on the stock spindles, but the joints wouldn't press in even halfway on mine. Only about 1/2-3/4" of the stud would press in. Seems to me there was way too much of the ball joint stud not being suppported in the tapered hole. I was concerned with so much of the stud being exposed and unsupported that the weight of the truck and the larger wheel/tire combo would cause the stud to snap under extreme loads.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just had to remove some of the powdercoat with a die grinder or what? Dammit I was ready to order my spindles and now I'm growing apprehensive about both brands. Maybe I should just buy the blower and not worry about dropping it more.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You just had to remove some of the powdercoat with a die grinder or what? Dammit I was ready to order my spindles and now I'm growing apprehensive about both brands. Maybe I should just buy the blower and not worry about dropping it more.
They aren't powdercoated. I had to remove what seemed like A LOT of material just to get the balljoints to press in even slightly more than halfway, and they still aren't seated nearly as far as stock, but enough that I feel comfortable that the studs have enough support.
Maybe there was just something about my balljoints or the specific spindles I received. I don't see McGaughy's being able to sell so many of these and having these problems often if it was a problem with all their spindles.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll be calling them for part #'s to make sure the balljoints work. I'm doing pitman/idler/tie rods so I might as well toss some fresh balljoints in with the new spindles. Sucks I'm still $50+ cheaper getting belltech then the mcgaughys online, back to the drawing board I guess.

55belairtim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know where your getting you prices from but i sell the mcgaughys spindle shipped cheeper than belltech one.