will exhaust sound different if you elimante the resonator??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think someone mentioned last year that they removed theirs and it did not affect the sound. Forget who it was...

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh forget it then...if i happen to switch i might cut it off... what sounds better..an exhaust system or exhaust cutouts????

aaron72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cutouts are extremely loud and aren't something that you would run on a day to day basis. It is something that you can have as part of your exhaust system to open up when you wish.

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed my resonator and yes it sounds different. However, I only wanted a slight increase in volume. If you're wanting loud then you will be disappointed.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will sound alot deeper but that will be at the minimal, take off the resonator and get an aftermarket muffler then you'll like the result.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then take that thing off and you'll love the sound after that, may be a bit droney though!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rizz that does not look like the stock resonator. Do you know what brand it is? The resonator itself kind of looks like a muffler you'd see on Civic. When you take if off, let us know the results.

Nnaboy, do you have a resonator with the Magnaflow?

mr. yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know in PA if you don't have it on there, you won't pass inspection. i found that out the hard way. sound was better but i only ended up welding it back in.