Will Not Start!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

etiger

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 and am having trouble with getting it to start when the engine is cold and it has a ¼ of a tank of gas or less. In order to get it to start all I have to do is add about ½ of gallon of gas to it?? Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?

Please don’t say that I am just running out of gas b/c I can run the car all the way down to 0 miles left to go on the range and not run out of gas. I can also drive around all day and stop and start the car with no problems. This only happens when it sits in my garage all night.

One other thing, it used to only happen when the gas light was on and there was about 30 miles left to go on the range. Then it started happening with 50 miles left to go on the range. Now, like I said above, it is happening with a ¼ of a tank.

PLEASE help!!!!

etiger

Reaction score
Ok, but why does it only happen when the fuel is low? I would think that it would happen at anytime if the pump was going out.

diehrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the screen is clogged on the fuel pump ?