Window tinting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** just put some 5 on it, let it ride haha jk i have the same question i had sick ass tint on my truck when i bought it but i got a cop who didnt think it was sick and made me show that it was taken off before i left campus... but im wanting to do it again now and iwant to know what percent i need to put on it to match so i have 5 or 10 all the way around ?????

glpd74

Reaction score
Every State is different. WI says only 50% for the front sides and 35% for rear sides.

TJ

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** just put some 5 on it, let it ride haha jk i have the same question i had sick ass tint on my truck when i bought it but i got a cop who didnt think it was sick and made me show that it was taken off before i left campus... but im wanting to do it again now and iwant to know what percent i need to put on it to match so i have 5 or 10 all the way around ?????

I'm not sure about a 10% but I know there is a 5%. And if you are wanting to retint I suggest you just put 5% on everything. 5% is limo tint and putting on the clear two front windows and the factory tint in the rear... they will look the same.

But IMO I wouldn't retint that dark especially since you already had to remove it. Its like throwing $$ in the toilet and flushing it. I have 20% on my front windows to match the factory tint (that's as close as it can get). It's dark enough to cause some mystery far away but once upon it you can see thru it. (pics are already in the post)

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah they didnt do any fines or anything like that he was campus police and he has recently resigned and ill take the ticket before i take it off again... plus before i had 5 all the way around and double 5 on the rear windows and hatch and just 5 on the front then i had 50 on the front windshield all the way down and put double 5 for an eye brow to make the 50 look lighter, guess it didnt work but it was sweet... i bought my truck from a guy whos son ownded a tint shop and i talked to the son and he said usually cops wouldent mind... but when i got pulled over the cops said the fron only let in 40% and the sides were 3% idk i have seen an escalade with 10% and it loosk gooood but he bought it in Indiana where no cars can have tint so they just put 10 on and it blended well...