Won't start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frenzy

Reaction score
Mine won't stay running if you let off the throttle.

It also started without jumper cables once, but that was over half throttle (like it has a carb) and just one time only.

It'll prolly start everytime with jumper cables and throttle opened up, but it still won't idle under 2000 rpm (sounds like it).

I did not take the plugs out at all.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like its getting way to much gas or air. try disconnecting the maf sensor and see if it gets any better.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if that doesnt do anything try what i explained earlier, after running it for a while pull plugs, disable fuel, inj, and spark. crank engine and see if fuel comes out of plug holes, if so excessive fuel in cylinder(s).

Frenzy

Reaction score
dunno if you saw, but I removed the ECM fuses and it cranked over perfect. Like nothing was wrong. During cranking, I reinstalled the fuse and it did the same thing.
We've wrecked the battery, but that isn't hard to understand cause all the taking power, but not giving power back lol oops.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
by pulling ecm fuse your disabling , fuel , spark, and measured air intake. of course the engine will turn freely, you'll need to isolate each of the above, one at a time to pinpoint which is the culprit. try disconecting mass air flow sensor and see if that does anything.

Frenzy

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I did that to ensure mechanical timing is right-on, but the bumping sounds coming from the intake...this is so annoying!

Will the ecu try to advance spark to initially start when cold?

I have to get a laundry list of things to try out as I don't get enough time after work to go to this tahoe and tinker around with it. I have to wait til the weekend.

Is there a way to test fuel pressure regulator? I see the fitting to test pressure, but thats after the pump and before the regulator.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe ecu adjust at all times. any luck this weekend?

Frenzy

Reaction score
I couldn't do jack crap. I had vital things I needed to get done here that I have been slacking on for a while.

For some reason I doubt turning the dizzy is going to do anything.

If the timing is set by a scanner, I'm way out of my league now and it's into someone else's hands as I:
1. don't have a scanner
2. don't have money for a scanner
3. don't know anybody that has one or knows how to use one
4. lost

I want to do what I can and I have done all I can if this scanner is the only thing left besides wasting an ass-load of monies on a shop when it can be something very very stupid.

Although it seems the timing chain would have something to do with the map/pcv popping out when the intake bumps are happening.

I DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!! Why does it have to be so complicated?! lol *cries*

Frenzy

Reaction score
Well apparently the dizzy needed to be 'turned' as in clockwise or counter clockwise and now it runs fine.
Guess on the bright side I learned another vehicle type to stay away from lol

Thanks for all the help! I give a huge thanks to you all!!

UAV_1999

Reaction score
Yeah but that can be any Chevrolet. Especially with the 350 and 262 engines that I know of. Your case happened to be a freak occurance. Glad to hear you got it running again though.:thumbsup: