would like some advice on a few things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miss Old Motors

Reaction score
Manistee Michigan, although currently in Indianapo
Got a few questions for yall. First off, i seem to have aslight misfire every once in a while. It always idles great, but at a cruising speed or acceleration now and then I can feel a little surge, because of this I am assuming that it is a fuel issue, right? It does have a brand new fuel pump, not even 2000 miles on it, could it possible be a fuel pressure regulator or an injector?

Also, recently I did put intake gaskets on it, and while I had the intake off it looked to me like one of the injectors was at one point spraying sloppy because there was a nice amount of carbon built up around one injector and on the bottom of the intake. The smart thing to do would have been to replace said injector, but I had other opinions from a mechanic that said not to worry about it and it probably had fixed itself.

few more....

I have the barn door style rear doors, and the one with the door handle on it (the one you open first) leaks REALLY bad in rain or carwashes... but it is not a weather strip type problem because there is about a 1/2 gap at the top of the door, it still shuts and opens fine however. The door itself is not damaged neither are any areas around it. any ideas of what I can do about this?

Door locks are seised up, i have tried spraying penetrating oil into them and letting them soak but it hasnt helped at all. Do i have to replace the entire assembly or is there something i can do to repair it?

Steering is really lose, I have been told it is an evo sensor or something on the column? I tried searching around about it but im a lazy ass.. What is involved in replacing this?

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a misfire in my Hoe its been ruled out in a Carbon build up in one of the valves. If its an injectors...that has carbon build up why not try to clean in?

Your doors locks...hmmm sure its not the actuators...there known to go bad. Can be had on ebay really cheap from A1 Auto.

Doors...try to go look at another HOE I have barn doors...I will check for all wheather stripping to just make sure your NOT missing any. Mine is a 99 Barn Door don't think theres a difference.

Your steering is loose? Bad description...but IF YOUR STEERING WHEEL IS LOOSE its your pitman arm. Like it turns side to side w/o the wheels turning.

Miss Old Motors

Reaction score
Manistee Michigan, although currently in Indianapo
No loose as in it turns like butter, the response is alright, just way to easy.

As for the carbon i did clean it up real good actually. I let the intake soak in the parts washer over night then scrubbed it really good. It really wasnt that bad, it just left a pattern that led me to beleive that it was an injector.