Would you say not getting the 3.73 is a deal breaker...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just left a lot and they are WANTING to sell....black LTZ with titanium leather with navigation, entertainment, rear view back up camera (which I love), luggage rack cross bars and chrome package offered for $10,000 off MSRP of $49,350. He offered nine, I came back with $11000 and without pause he said $10K off MSRP so I bet he would do $10,500....the only thing it doesn't have is the 3.73 rear end...I did drive both the 3.73 and the 3.42 did seem a little less quick, but not much. The problem is they had one with a 3.73 but it had a sunroof...being 6'5" my head was very close to the headliner with the sunroof and didn't want to take the chance of it bothering me in the future...question is, if you loved a Tahoe and were getting a good price, but couldn't get it with a 3.73, would it bother you much?? I am just worried because so many people say they get in the 4 cylinder mode a lot more with the 3.73......

The sales guy was actually not that bad...we both agreed that next week GM will probably announce some incentive for 4th of July and said he would call me as soon as he finds out....no pressure or nothing..not bad.

slicktoptt

Reaction score
I wouldn't base the decision primarily on the gearing. If it's the color and option level you want at a great price then go for it.

I have the 3.73 gears and it's not as if it gets into V4 mode that frequently. It will on rare occassions go into V4 if the road is completely flat. Otherwise it only does it on a down hill slope or when I let off the gas.

I would say go back and take another test drive of the one you are looking at and then one with 3.73 gears and actually pay attention to the V4/V8 mode. I highly doubt you would see much difference.

neweagle

Reaction score
Sounds Good To ME!

That's a HELLUVA deal to me. I just picked up a Black LTZ w/ Titanium interior. Only thing it sounds like we have that wasn't on the one you're talking about is the sunroof. MSRP was $50,400. We got it for $42,400 ($8,000 below MSRP). $10,000 below MSRP sounds GREAT!

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah...

That's a HELLUVA deal to me. I just picked up a Black LTZ w/ Titanium interior. Only thing it sounds like we have that wasn't on the one you're talking about is the sunroof. MSRP was $50,400. We got it for $42,400 ($8,000 below MSRP). $10,000 below MSRP sounds GREAT!
I know it's a great deal....but another thing I want to do is wait and see if GM announces any big incentives for 4th of July and next weekend being the last weekend of the month helps...i would love to get $10000 off MSRP AND 0% APR (or anything lower than the 5.34% I am being quoted from USAA)...

tomm

Reaction score
I know it's a great deal....but another thing I want to do is wait and see if GM announces any big incentives for 4th of July and next weekend being the last weekend of the month helps...i would love to get $10000 off MSRP AND 0% APR (or anything lower than the 5.34% I am being quoted from USAA)...

0% and cash back never run together so you will get one or another. You might just loose out on the $2000 rebate that is currently going on if they dont have a new sale.

In the same case if you want the best deal you might as well wait until the 08's come out and the rebates on the 07's will increase but the stock will be slim pickings. I just picked up mine at $7300 off and I thought that was a great deal. I would jump on yours at $10k off.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find out what it would cost to change out the gearing to 4.10. Everybody w/ 4.10s is reporting better mpg and more V4 mode.