WOW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is pretty cool. I hope my halos are bright when they get here on tuesday.

the_chosen1

Reaction score
that is pretty sweet but once you make those, you got alot more work ahead of you to get them in your housing.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fvckin awsome! I love cheap projects... its like i always say, i have more time than money. As noted by the chosen1, that video is only half the problem, the other half is getting it into the housing... I will keep everyone posted... im getting on this starting this week.... TOOOOOOO COOOLLL

the_chosen1

Reaction score
well arent you just the little handy man, Ty? If you can get a good set up and you get good at it, you can start making "CUSTOM" heads and selling them. I wouldnt mind paying for something that looks totally awesome and unique. Just a thought. I have some Halos on my 01 but they are common and i would like to be a bit different. would have to talk the wife into letting me pay for something, that I already spent money on, haha.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea... after watching that video, i went to look at my headlight housing (i am still rolling stock) and it looks like you will only be able to see one halo... so i have a pretty cool idea for the rest of the housing...

Im a little handy i suppose...but i really just have nothing better to do and i get bored. Thats why i have one off, olympic white, tail lights.

I will post my progress on these lights soon

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto!! I consider myself pretty crafty and I definitely have more time than money…..

I was thinking about removing the yellow insert after taking the head light apart and adding some led’s there also, maybe wire them in with the turn signals or something……

That is ‘of course’ after adding my sweet new homemade halos!!

If you have the skills too actually make these then my guess is installing them in the headlight will be a no brainer.

Hell if you plan ahead you can toss the headlights in the oven at the same time you heat up the sticks!

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto!! I consider myself pretty crafty and I definitely have more time than money…..

I was thinking about removing the yellow insert after taking the head light apart and adding some led’s there also, maybe wire them in with the turn signals or something……

That is ‘of course’ after adding my sweet new homemade halos!!

If you have the skills too actually make these then my guess is installing them in the headlight will be a no brainer.

Hell if you plan ahead you can toss the headlights in the oven at the same time you heat up the sticks!

yea i looked at the stock housing, not sure if all the years are the same, but my stock housing isnt going to accept the halos very well... i was thinking about doing halo's on the inner portion of the headlight and than maybe running a different designe on the outside section... My headlight assemly doesnt have abmer in it however.

I would like to put these in the bumper lights in place of the DRL's but those bumper lights do not come apart... hmmmmmm

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it is easier to do this in a Yukon than a Tahoe, simply because the headlight fixture is bigger.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems like you would have more to work with in the Kon.. i sat in front of my truck for a few minutes to try and figure out how its going to look and im just not 100% yet...

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked out the headlight setup on my yukon. I could only put 1 halo in each assembly too.. I really want to do this, but i just dont know if it will look good on my truck...
front%20001.jpg

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i checked out the headlight setup on my yukon. I could only put 1 halo in each assembly too.. I really want to do this, but i just dont know if it will look good on my truck...
front%20001.jpg

thats EXACTLY what i am thinking... there is nothing round inside that will go with this... but it has me gears turning on the posibilities

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this before on my Acura, I made them myself just like this. I used a more blue/white led, I have some real angel eyes from a BMW headlight if anyone wants to look at the design.

On a difficulty rating from 1-10, these are about a 6, I would not do the ground that way, I would join them at the top together to one wire and the same with the positive. and if you are going to do both side, I had them wired up inside the car to a switch so I could turn them on and off when I wanted to, you could tag them into your DRL's and have them come on when you DRL's come on but a switch I think would allow more versitility and availability. just note that in most states, red and blue in the front of your car is ILLEGAL, for police and fire department only, so I would stay with white or a off white/blueish.

If you want to take apart your housing, heat the oven up to 300 degrees and put them in there on a pan lined with aluminum foil and then set the headlight on 2 small blocks of 2x4's. check the headlight after 2-3 minutes and about 5 minutes, take out and pry open a little, GM epoxy for headlight are one of the more difficult to open up.

If anyone wants I can make a set for everyone to see a little more detail work and a up close shots of the cuts, I have 2 rods here at home. I will work on this since I am laid off work and what better to do then mess around.

One thing though, our headlights for the main beam if you do not have aftermarket headlights they are ribbed to dispurse the light. I dont know if you will be able to see them in the low beam but the high beam for sure you can see them since they are clear.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, we want you to do it!!! Do you have a Yukon or tahoe? We all know how to pull the lens off the assembly.. the problem is that nobody is giving any info on mounting the rings inside the assembly. what do you use? double-sided tape? epoxy? elmers glue? c'mon, feed us!

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, we want you to do it!!! Do you have a Yukon or tahoe? We all know how to pull the lens off the assembly.. the problem is that nobody is giving any info on mounting the rings inside the assembly. what do you use? double-sided tape? epoxy? elmers glue? c'mon, feed us!

I use in the past I mount it using a high temp epoxy since the headlight bulbs will get off a lot of heat. you have to make the epoxy once it set a little toget get all the fume out and let sit for 6-8 hours to get all the vapors out. otherwise you will get a rainbow of colors inside your lense that is not pretty.

I have a denali headlight I can practice on right now but thats it. I have a yukon and I think with the yukon headlight a full ring would look 10x's better than a demon eye (slanted one's). plus this way you can send your wire leads on the top of the housing, you will need to drill a small hole but you will fill it in later. I will get a set started on for the denali lights and see what you all think of it.