WTF. who hates their XM now....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im about ready to cancel my radio. IT SUCKS!!!! The sirius radio selection is DOWN RIGHT CRAP!!!! They play the same things, have horrible, increase your sex life, get life insurance, get a better job etc, commercials, and they suck at being DJ's Plus most of my favorite channels now play completly different stuff. and I think the quality of the signal has gone down too, I have alot more spots where I loose signal now too. I DID NOT BUY XM RADIO TO LISTEN TO SIRIUS!!!! It would have been ok if they didnt mess with each others channels. AND THE DJ's DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO about 90% of the time most of my channels say SIRIUS XM RADIO, insted of the song and artist. I thought that was just for a section, but it lasts for days.

here is what I get about 90% of the time on most of my channels.

Attachments

• IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 30

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's ok but it was better before for sure!

The old channel lineup was better and I agree, the quality seems to be more compressed or something than before.

Cr8ter

Reaction score
Yeah, I miss the old channel lineup better. I do like the new Shade 45 though. I'm hoping eventually (when they decide to reprice) they will allow for custom channel packages where you can just select the channels you want. Then again, that might just be wishful thinking:ktoe:

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was talking to someone else about this. They also think its changed and will be cancelling it soon. Maybe OnStar should have a small XM combo that comes along with it. Just to add more features in the basic package.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a former Sirius subscriber, I'm liking it much more now. Although I don't like how XM subscribers are getting shafted with extra fees if they want to listen to Howard Stern. We're being treated like second class citizens compared to Sirius subscribers.

I also think the new station names are dumb especially when they start with "Sirius XM" (like Sirius XM Chill) because all you see on the favorites button are the first few letters--which don't mean anything.

Why can't they just call the station "Chill"? :confused2:

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope everyone having problems are/will fill a complaint with them. Maybe they'll listen to there customers.

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like having a Led Zeppelin channel but other than that, yea i'm disappointed with it. I extended my original 3 month free subscription another 3 months but will probably cancel after that. It constantly loses reception w/o any obstructions ( tunnel,bldgs etc...) blocking it. My wife can do w/o her 70's channel. I'll just set up a list on the ipod for her anyway :yaya:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, Back to CD's for me and Ipod. Took a drive up to the supermarket (wow never seen a supermarket so empty, both with food and people, Like a fall out in there) But trying to use it. I heard 2 of the same songs I heard yesterday, and the signal was so crappy. Ever tree that hung over me it would loose it and just go BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, Whats even worse is that the HIDs in my silverado screw it up now too. Or in the yukon the traffic lights can even block it. SO you sit at the traffic light with the constant signal no signal. Until it turns green. And yea the names are stupid, all my presets say siri. Im giving them a week. Then their done. All 5 of my radios.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you guys -- quality is worse.

Yeah RT, I don't blame you man. If my family didn't like the 40's, 50's, 60's and holiday music so much, and if I didn't like the talk stations as much, I'd have canceled a while back. I have noticed that the quality suffers now as well, even on the classical stations, which to me is completely unacceptable. I've got 4 "radios", and will probably let the subscriptions lapse next March unless it gets better, or unless the economy turns around enough to where I don't notice the quarterly fee as much.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I miss the old channel lineup better. I do like the new Shade 45 though. I'm hoping eventually (when they decide to reprice) they will allow for custom channel packages where you can just select the channels you want. Then again, that might just be wishful thinking:ktoe:

I actually hate the new Shade 45. I decided to stop listening to a cd I made the other day and turned it on this (which used to be XM Raw) and they were interviewing a female and talking about oral sex. Now being a guy, I dont have a problem with the act BUT I dont want to here an interview with two guys talking about it. :umn:

I am not feeling the change and I am debating on if I am going to rerenew this Feb. The reason I renewed last time is b/c I live in VA but from MS and I knew I would get tired of listening to cd's during that drive (12hrs one way). Well when I did that drive in June everything was fine. Got tired of XM switched to CD's and vice versa. I am going to make that trip again in Dec. If I am not satisfied with the quality then I won't renew. :nonod:

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish the haed unit could read DVD-Rs. It only seems to read CD-Rs. I could burn gang load mp3s on a DVD. Maybe in the near future we'll be able to add harddrives for storage.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish the haed unit could read DVD-Rs. It only seems to read CD-Rs. I could burn gang load mp3s on a DVD. Maybe in the near future we'll be able to add harddrives for storage.
If you've got the rear-entertainment system you can try burning audio onto a DVD-R and play it through that. It worked for me and I was able to get hours and hours of music to play. It' not as convenient as being able to play the mp3 directly, but it still works.

Here's the steps I followed:

Originally posted by rainby
If you, like me, have lots of your favorite mp3 collection and wanna enjoy it in your odyssey, that could be a headache as neither 6-Disc changer nor RES DVD will play your mp3 directly.
However with the help of a software called audio dvd creator
http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/ you may work this out by converting your mp3 or other music files into audio track in an DVD.

My take of this software is that it generate a 4.7G audio content in a DVD so that you could put 4.7G/5M=940 songs (roughly calculation based on 5M/mp3 song) in one signle DVD.

Here is what i did:

1) I use this software to convert mp3 files into audio track (2 channles 192bs, you may choose higher rates for better quality) and generate a dvd file first in my harddrive, then burn it into a DVD

2)i organize the mp3 collection in this way: each album is a charpter (you will see all your album name by using DVD menu if you watch them from DVD) , and one song in the album represents one title in the charpter (you will see them by using the title menu).

3) DVD works in my 2006 EXL-RES.i was uising ProDisc 8X DVD-R Blank Media 4.7GB White Inkjet Hub Printable

3)i feel most important, the audio control (button 5 /6) could control which charpter/album you wanna play, and the channel control on your wheel could control which title/song you wanna play.

Here is the disadvantages i experienced:

it take about 6 hours to finish the "conversion" (4.3G mp3), you probably want to run the "conversion" overnight. i can live up with this long for what i will get.

nothing worse than that so far.

And after I know it works , i am so so so happy with my exl-res. I hope you would enjoy this little tools too.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed with the conversion of sirus/XM. You would think that there would be more channels, but a lot of good channels were deleted. That sucks.

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, xm now sucks. I still have mine as I'm in NE and radio is not good. I had major issues w/connecting to xmonline while those clowns merged too-was down approx. 2mos. I raised major hell and they finally got my online access fixed (after 5 trouble tickets) and credited me 50% for the quarter.

Big Dog Daddy

Reaction score
I got a call a few weeks ago about renewing my XM / Sirius connection. When I told them I was happy with my ipod selections & wasn't impressed by the new XM/Sirius lineup, they weren't too happy. They tried painting a nice picture about how new & improved the new lineup was, but when I said my ipod never lost signal while going through a tunnel, they basically gave up & hung up.

melroy

Reaction score
yeah i think it sucks now and go figure I renewed my subscription for six months