your opinion please

which do you prefer

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08LTZ

Reaction score
I am going to have the 'wood' trim pieces in the truck refinished. I have researched a myriad of options and I am settled on one of three:

My LTZ is Gold Mist with ebony interior. I am going to either:

1) Have them painted Gold Mist with candy clear.

2) Have them finished Piano black...which is black with candy clear.

1104151630928_RangePlain.JPG

(range rover interior)
4.gif

(H2 Interior)

3) have them replaced via a core exchange for a set with a black burl water transfer.

1.jpg

which is this finish:
35.gif

at issue is that my replacement steering wheel can be painted black or gold mist ..it can not be refinished with the black burl...in which case I will have it painted piano black.

what is your choice?

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I had money to burn :lol:
Personally I would leave it alone. I like the way it looks from the Factory, but to each his own.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dark colors don't really pop in an ebony interior. I always try to contrast when doing the interior trim accents.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok on topic again, im partal to the gold mist for the exterior (although its not avaliable for 06's but i may respray in gold mist next year), so i like the gold mist and candy clear

adam_mav

Reaction score
I wouldn't change the factory wood accents into black. I think the factory setting looks much better than black that wouldn't probably be that much visible anyways, due to ebony interior being very close to color black. I have ebony interior also in my Tahoe and just recently bought wooden (matching factory setting) steering wheel. It looks awesome.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
out of those 3 id do the piano black. but the i do like my brushed alum in my z71. i also do like the trim pieces in my moms 06 denali which is like a black/grey wood grain (i forget wat they call it).

08LTZ

Reaction score
going with piano black will post pics when finished...I am leaving the brushed pieces to match the escalade steering wheel swap...and I am leaving the 'woodgrain' on the steering wheel...it is the heater and I don't want to interrupt the function of that part....

High4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of those, I would go with the black. However, I am actually partial to the factory and like the brushed aluminum.

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally like the brushed satin stainless steel look like in my 2007 z71 Suburban. That is the best looking option out there IMHO.

lifted07hoe

Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but JazeJeff where can I get that black wood?!?

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything dark but would look good, the above picture looks nice. I was wondering if there was a way to smoke my silver inserts, so they're kinda like black chrome. I like the silver look, but I also like dark, mellow tones in my peripheral vision when I'm driving. Anyone heard of any process like that?

Also, the new BMWs have a new trim option called, I think, Bamboo Anthracite. It's like a very fine grain and kind of a dark, non-wood color, grayish or something. Look at it on their site (build a 5 series). I think it looks awesome. I have also considered piano black, if I did get Ebony without the Titanium inserts. Then you'd need a black headliner, murdered out from the inside.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, this is an old ass thread. My bad. But I stand by what I said!