Yucon or Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, but what led you to have a Burb and an XL Denali? Which one do you like better, and why, or do you "love them the same"? ;)

ha ha. probably the same reason i have an xl yukon and am looking at an 09 burb/hoe.

edit- read his reply, good reason.:thumbsup: :yesnod:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with ya...

...this is easy...

Good analysis -- thanks for your answer!

I would hope that the 5.3L would be quieter than the 6.2L (with it's beefy 3.5" exhaust), and can definitely agree w/r/t difficulty of finding second-row-bench-seaters. We inventory-searched all dealers within 150 miles and couldn't find what we wanted. Finally found one over 200 miles away exactly the way we wanted it (it happened to be one some dude ordered and backed out of). Yes, the ebony interior is dark, and I would have liked to have got the cashmere color, but I let my wife pick the colors... We certainly appreciate the power-folding second-row bench with all the kids.

The Escalade is ridiculously over-priced, which is why we got the Denali instead. I like the Esky's look much better than both the Denali or a Hoe/Burb, but for the price (even with the GM Employee Discount), they can just keep it. Maybe in a few years I'll pick up a gently used '07/'08 Escalade ESV in black & tan (or silver & titanium) for myself when it can be had for a "reasonable" cost...

If I had to do my purchase over again today, I'd still be driving home in an XL Denali, but the colors might be different... ;)

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo, MBriddle

So, have we helped you, or just made things more difficult for your decision? :crazy: :p

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your going to lift it, I think the hoes look pretty tight. But I haven't seen any lifted yukons, anybody have any pics out there of a good looking lifted Yukon.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw. the Burb is much quieter than the GMC and has way better fuel economy. Quietness feeling is both for engine and insulation(!). Here the GMC comes way short. Of course the GMC has more power. My GMC is white which is fine for California but the dark gray interior is depressing. Just imagine the black on black horror. Cool look outside, though. The blue Chevy with light interior is much more friendly.

Not a "real" thing comparing a Chevy to a GMC with the same equipment...what you notice is the difference between a typical LT3 Chevy model and a GMC Denali with a different engine, different transmission, different wheels and tires (if they aren't both 20's), different suspension, etc.

Compare a regular Suburban to a regular Yukon XL and the driving experience (as well as the interior, etc.) are identical in operation.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my comparison is not perfect. Fact is that I - only - have these two SUVs mentioned above. What it comes down to is that even if the Denali is more expensive and has a bit more power I would opt for the Burb if I was asked for again.

Btw. Just rented an Avenger. Oh my god! Now I understand that Chrysler is in troubles.

Jim

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
again, i like both the yukon and tahoe, minus the front end, but if i had a good deal for a yukon i would snatch it up in a second. now i wonder why a suburban is quieter than a denali. do you hear road noise more or engine or both.

as i recall the gm designed the 6.2 exhaust system to have a nice growl.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
again, i like both the yukon and tahoe, minus the front end, but if i had a good deal for a yukon i would snatch it up in a second. now i wonder why a suburban is quieter than a denali. do you hear road noise more or engine or both.

as i recall the gm designed the 6.2 exhaust system to have a nice growl.

It is road noise. It is known that all these models do not have perfect insulation - lacks far behind to a Chrysler Town & Country or my Ford Super Duty - the Denali is much worse than the Suburban. Please do not ask me why; have no idea. The engine sound you may like or not but that is not the point for critisizing.

Please do not get me wrong, both GMC and Chevy are nice vehicles.

Jim