Yukon reclining seat MOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m a computer scientist and I set in front of a computer all day long. I sometimes take a little nap at lunch just to let my eyes rest. Thing is, my truck was not comfortable at all. I traded in a z71 Ex. cab and I was used to a seat that actually reclined back a ways. My Yukon has an electric, heated seat and would only recline back a little ways. This was just not working for me so I fixed it!!

On the door side of the driver’s seat there is a plastic cover that comes off after you remove the 3 Philips screws. This exposes the worm gear (resembles a piece of all thread) that allows the electric seat motor to move the back rest up and down. For some reason, probably to protect passenger’s legs, there is a brass ring crimped over the worm gear that prevents the seat from going back, past the ring point.

I used a die grinder and cut the brass ring on one side then pried it open and removed it. Presto! Seat goes back as far as I want it to now. I actually did this over a year ago and it’s never given me any problems. Just thought there might be someone out there that would find this useful. The entire procedure takes about 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a interesting and useful mod, I know the seats don't recline back very far so I might have to check it out!!! Thanks man!!

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
i wonder if there is a reason they have that ring in there? For safety purposes maybe??

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wondered that for about 2 seconds, and then I reclined back and fell asleep……. :sleep:

shawnallansls1

Reaction score
sweet i am have to do that.. i like to take naps in my yukon.. but its hard to.. believe it or not my camaro was the best place to take a nap seat reclines all the way back and bam! sleepin like a baby

Yang1815

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice thanks! Is there one on the passenger side too?

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, no clue...... I never set over there!! If I had to guess though, I would say yes.