Yukon XL Denali - pulled the trigger today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randyp

Reaction score
I've been lurking here for the past couple of months, picking up some great information. Thanks to all who post :)

I finally pulled the trigger on a Black Yukon XL Denali with all the options including power running boards and heated steering wheel. I think the only thing this beast doesn't have is the engine block heater.

I was originally going for a 2007 used vehicle but managed to get a new 2008 for $48k (MSRP:$61k).

To all the Burb/Tahoe owners, I do like your front end better but I couldn't resist the 6.2L / 6-speed in the Nali.

Let the fun driving begin......

tint2sell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may have got it for $6K off but no way for $13k. Unless you are related to the dealers owner

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on such a fine ride :cheers: and choice options. And welcome to the forum :D

SangerZ28

Reaction score
To all the Burb/Tahoe owners, I do like your front end better but I couldn't resist the 6.2L / 6-speed in the Nali.

Hope I'm not bursting any bubbles here, but you can get the 6-speed in the tahoe with either the 5.3L or 6.2L on all 09' models standard. Unless you needed the vehicle right now. Good choice either way!

wannabefastss

Reaction score
Hope I'm not bursting any bubbles here, but you can get the 6-speed in the tahoe with either the 5.3L or 6.2L on all 09' models standard. Unless you needed the vehicle right now. Good choice either way!

will until the 09' come out let me know. that 5.3L will be stout with that auto 6-speed behind it.:thumbsup:

randyp

Reaction score
you may have got it for $6K off but no way for $13k. Unless you are related to the dealers owner

Wow, didn't expect that. I was expecting something like "you're an idiot for paying so much......".
Throw out MSRP (not sure why I included it) as we all know that doesn't mean much. Dealer invoice on the vehicle was $55,363. There is a $2k cash allowance AND $4k GM loyalty cash allowance if you currently own a 1999 GM or newer (I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado - Anyone need a truck?).
The dealer gave me $800 holdback dollars (or under invoice) which brings me to $48.6k. Ok, guess I should have rounded up to $49k.

I used the fax/email attack strategy from fightingchance.com. It worked reasonably well but the issue isn't with the dealers but rather GMC. I was going to get something a few months back but with gas prices on the rise and the fact that GMC has 1/2 years worth of inventory on the lots I decided to hold off until the slow moving GMC offerred some decent cash allowances.
I personally think the cash allowances will continue to get better as the '09 models come out but then I run the risk on not getting the exact vehicle I want.
So I pulled the trigger.

Nope, I knew about the '09 6-speeds. I felt I could strike a better deal with the '08 model year. I know, I know no Bluetooth!!! :cryin: Time for aftermarket solution...

08_Denali

Reaction score

Not true....I bought my Denali a little over a month ago, and also purchased mine for $48K (The MSRP was $59K). My deal was very similar, execpt i only got $2K off for customer loyalty.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine for a little over $12K off MSRP last year.....

tint2sell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh crap, I must not have done so well then. I had a trade of my old tahoe, so they got me on it. The old body style nobody wants, including the dealer.