2010 yukon denali lifter issue. still knocking after replacement?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ggulino

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Yukon denali. vortex 6.2l sfi with afm. 73000mi #4 lifter collapsed and was replaced with all other lifters on that side. never knocked before the lifter collapsed. took it right up to the shop when it happened. all rods were checked and rockers. engine is clean and tight. knocks at idle and through gears. knock dissipates at highway speeds and under heavy load. doesn't seem to have any of the sounds of a piston slap or bad bearing. my mechanic seems to think it has something wrong with the solenoid's that allow the afm to deactivate cylinders. oil pressure is good and lifter filter was checked. oil changed 2 times to verify no metal. lifter collapsed very suddenly and had no signs of a problem before. I find It hard to believe the cam was damaged. if anyone is very familiar with this any can offer any incite I would greatly appreciate it.

ggulino

Reaction score
anyone????? I know its a problem that costs money to have run down but any info would be awesome. I know a lot of ppl have issues with lifters in these vehicles.