Z71 On The Way!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I got my order in, and am counting the days. I really wish I could've waited to see the change options and standards on the 09's, but I had to make a decision and I need the truck like now. I can wait a month but not 6. I won't regret the 08 no matter what's up later, but I am gonna laugh if the price to pay for a six speed is AWD (Just a rumor, don't get excited, lol. I seriously have no idea). Now no one has to tell me that I should've waited, right?
*EDIT- Didn't mean to bash AWD, it's a clean system but it's just that I've always had 4WD like everyone else did, I continue to prefer it. I must've forgotten that the amazing Denali runs it well and that truck is a force to be reckoned with. Besides, this is a Z71 here. If they didn't make it then I would've got a Denali, or LTZ.*
Here's what it is:

4WD LT3
Z71
Black Paint, Ebony/Titanium Seats
Nav, DVD, Cam, Sunroof Package
Row 2 Buckets
3 Passenger 3rd row
Max Tow Package w/ trans cooler
4.10 Gears
Luggage Rails
730 CCA Battery (They just checked it off for me, I wouldn't think it matters but if there are any facts about that having whatever affects on any systems or components, I'd like to know.)

I really didn't want the power gate, power fold and heated seats for a number of reasons.

Already planning my mods, think i'll start with the alarm/cameras/weapons/pitbull security package...

Last edited:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, okay I will do, you'll be hearing me one of these days announcing that "blessed delivery" and a while later asking you how to post the pics. Probably after one of you says where's the picture already. Good thing I can carry the internet with me because I'm gonna be at the desk a lot less for a while.:yesnod:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want the power liftgate either, but now that I have it I wouldn't want to be withtout it.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I kinda thought that 1. it's one more thing to break or malfunction, and 2. it's only a matter of time before I or (most likely) my wife opens it up into a stationary object. Where I live I sometimes back my cars up against a cinderblock wall; i'm sure the door will stop, but not before getting a custom edge on the lip. I haven't even seen one, but I did try out a manual one and it felt so easy my 3 year old could probably open it. You do got me thinking about it though, I wonder when is too late to modify a factory order...

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, guess what. I just emailed the dealer to add every one of those options, think that's about all that was left. I could always tap a guard over the edge. Besides, I just found out that the liftgate I tested, which was on a hybrid, is way lighter, aluminum and no glass opener.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if any of you fellas didn't like what I said about All Wheel Drive, please read the edit in the first post.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've come close to having the lift gate open on to a wall several times.
I figure eventually it will happen. So far, 15,000 miles without it happening.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've come close to having the lift gate open on to a wall several times.
I figure eventually it will happen. So far, 15,000 miles without it happening.

So you know what i'm sayin. What do you think about some kind of protective strip, any way to do it without lookin cheesy, like you might as well be wearing a pocket protector on your shirt? My paint will be black, which should make it easier. Doesn't seem like it would have to be too thick or wrap around the front too much, really.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some type of thick plastic strip running along the bottom of the hatch. I think it would only need to be a few inches long. Something like the plastic that dealers sometimes put on doors while they have the cars on their lot.
When the hatch hits something it will close anyway.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds like an idea, I still don't even have the truck yet but when I get it that's one of the first things i'll be looking at. If I figure out something clever i'll let you guys know. Thanks man.