0-60 Best Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and if you don't notice an improvement try taking the Edge off for a couple of days. I know every time I take off the Superchip for Dealer visits I can definitely tell the difference.

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have done this test about a hundred times it is one of my favorites.im constantly running my tank down to 50 miles left before empty and doing this test as much as possible i was at 7.4 for the longest time until just last week after i had my tune up at the dealer i hit 7.1
i could only imagine if i had my stock wheels on how much better my time would be!!!

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here you go for all you non believers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 0416081345.jpg
    0416081345.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 0416081345a.jpg
    0416081345a.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 6

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you think you ran a 7.1, I am just questioning the accuracy of the software used to obtain that number.

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A stock Yukon XL will get you to 60 a second slower then the non XL, so 6.9 is a about a half second improvement.

1 second seems like too big a difference. The XL just isn't that much heavier and if anything the XL has better traction off the line due to the longer wheelbase.

- Mark

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.83 today. An improvement but i'm not gonna settle till I get to the 5's.
I have the full Maganflow exhaust system and Volant intake waiting for install, so hopefully it will boost it a little more. Anyone know how to make it faster?

aaron72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start pulling stuff from the inside: Second row seats, door panels, headliner. That will start cutting time off the 0-60.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me rephrase what I said
Anybody know how to make the truck faster without tearing it apart?
BTW, I still have the 3rd row seats in their.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His suggestion isn't to far off base. For every 20 lbs removed from the vehicle you will gain 1 hp. Obviously, nobody wants to rip apart a new Denali to achieve this but removing your third row, spare tire, keeping the gas low (1 gallon weighs approximately 8 lbs), removing any clutter, lightweight wheels, aftermarket exhaust, ect, ect are all ways to improve your power to weight ratio.

The CAI and exhaust should help you, but to get a nearly 6K lb SUV in the 5's will take more then your average bolt ons. I suggest a call to Lingenfelter.

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lingenfelter?
please explain

Lingenfelter is a very well respected aftermarket company that has experience with high performance vehicle's including SUV's. I contacted them in regards to my Denali and they had several insane options.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im 18!
I run off my dad who yes is a big spender. But spending 55k on a supercharger would be crazy to him. I think asking for a BMW M5 or something is easier.
And who said im a big spender? My rides lower than most of yours. Its pretty much stock!

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have a ton of other options. If you email them they will respond with some options in your target price range.

And who said im a big spender?

Aren't you the same guy who spent $5K on a license plate.....

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im 18!
I run off my dad who yes is a big spender. But spending 55k on a supercharger would be crazy to him. I think asking for a BMW M5 or something is easier.
And who said im a big spender? My rides lower than most of yours. Its pretty much stock!

nice daddy. i had to go out and start my own business at 18, and to tell you the truth. i feel so much better paying for my own truck, owning my own house, thats all paid for, and being my own big spender. :D

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't you the same guy who spent $5K on a license plate.....
I think of it as a privilege card. I paid $5k to have no cars around me when i drive, never get beemed or honked at, option to go slow in the fast lane, cutting people in line, parking in VIP places, never get stopped by cops, unlimited tint, and much more. Its worth it!

And ill email them to see what they could do for me. Hope something works out

aaron72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your license plate mod is more expensive than all mods on my truck, that's all I'm saying.