01 speakers head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akf75

Reaction score
I am new to the tahoe but not car stereos and am helping a friend install in his tahoe. We are going with a new deck, 4 channel amp and my question is since there are no factory 1" tweeter locations and for simplicity sake won't create any going to go with co ax in the front doors and mid bass drivers in the rear doors. Not using on star and not using the existing factory sub, we will be adding a sub later, has anyone tried a setup like this before? How will this sound?

ccapehart1017

Reaction score
i just installed a new clarion deck and 6.5 3 ways in the front doors and 6.5 two ways in the back doors those little factorytweeters in the door i just left there and i have a 5 channel planet audio 1800 watt amp but i also have two 12 inch infinity refernnce svc subs in the back i had it hooked with no busdfor abit and it sounds like all treble and no bass i had to switch amp to 4 channel mode and adjust the amp so i got some bass out of the door speakers and what noticeds kinda dont like since the speapker s are in the door panel practically at yer feet its kinda hard to explain but it sounds all thesound is down all on the ground i think im going to get some components wptu the tweeter somwher heard ear level heres a picture were i installed my amp to
if you decide to put it it the same place let me know ill tell you exactly were to tap the holes and what i used theres
`