'02 Tahoe w/P0102 Code - Seems to run fine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samfox137

Reaction score
I recently picked up the P0102 code...I cleared it and it came back after the second ignition series. Yesterday I cleaned it with MAF cleaner spray...other than one idle jump on the first start it appears to run fine. Can I have a bad MAF and everything appear to be fine? I don't notice any obvious air leaks... My online service guide also suggests inspecting "the fuse in the 1 voltage circuit of the MAF sensor." Not quite sure where that is...

Any help greatly appreciated...

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I have a bad MAF and everything appear to be fine? I don't notice any obvious air leaks... My online service guide also suggests inspecting "the fuse in the 1 voltage circuit of the MAF sensor." Not quite sure where that is...

Any help greatly appreciated...

P01002 is Mass Airflow low freq so you're on the right track.

The ECM (engine computer) will ignore the MAF and run off a VE table and will run pretty normally, enough so you probably couldn't tell the difference.

As for troubleshooting, not sure where that fuse is either. Can you get your hands on another maf and see if the code goes away?

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the ECM runs in emergency mode you may experience lower MPG.

If the fuse is in one of the fuse-boxes you should be able to locate it using your manual.

samfox137

Reaction score
Found the fuse...it is fine. Tried the "tap test"...tap on the MAF and look for RPM fluctuations. Next step is deciding to try and find an engine sensor tester...or turn it over to the dealer. I could just order the new MAF sensor (for about 50% the dealer cost) and put it in myself... With my luck it will then turn out to be an vaccuum leak or wiring issue. Thanks for the help.

samfox137

Reaction score
Decided to order the Actron sensor analyzer... I guess it is just principle now...I REALLY want to rule out a bad MAF sensor beforing paying the delaer big bucks to fix the problem.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same code. I sprayed some electrical connector cleaner on the connectors of the MAF and the plug (NOT inside, but where the wires attach on the outer), and my code went away.

I also took my K&N intake apart & re-installed it.

B