03' Tahoe with bose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peoples03tahoe

Reaction score
Hey everybody new to the forum and i have to say that this is a great site and VERY HELPFUL!! with that being said i have a question about amp location? and factory sub woofer? in a 2003 Tahoe with Bose system, Just looking to get some info on both. Thanks a lot for your time guys, its greatly appreciated. Peoples.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the factory amp and sub are in your center console. If you need to mess with it simply pull hard on your cup holders and you'll have access to the amp. Sadly it's only a 6.5 sub.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you know if there is a sub in the center console? I have an '04 with a 6 disc load head unit, and the doors have the Bose Badge. Do I have the best stereo they had to offer that year?? I just bought this truck so Im trying to learn what I can.

Design

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your doors say BOSE then that is what you have. The 6.5" sub is in the center console on 03+ Tahoes. If I am wrong on this someone will quickly correct it.

To say that your radio is the best available for that year might be correct or you could just simply have the most expensive option.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info. I just meant the best option for that year outside of the nav.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems like the sub on our 03 LT with Bose is way in the back behind the 3rd row seats.

I was wondering that. Cause there is a speaker vent in the plastic on the left side in the very rear.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no thats where it USED to be on 02 and back. in 03 they put it in the center console. i have the hole there too, but theres nothing in it. :thumbsup:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definatly. you can pull off that back part and build a box and put a 8-10 in there:yesnod:

G-MONEY64

Reaction score
sub

Could I replace the sub under the center console with a 8" sub.

Marlon z71

Reaction score
Yo tengo un ls Tahoe 03 y no tiene Subwofer en la consola central no en la parte trasera