04 Steering wheel radio control lights fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjrmather

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the fuse (if any) is for the radio control buttons in the steering wheel. None of mine are working after one of the lights burned up. The light has been replaced and all functions work but the lights don't come on.

Thanks,
Rob
2004 Tahoe LT

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issues but only with the volume and search buttons they dont light up if anyone has any ideas how to fix that, Id be glad to hear about it.

jjrmather

Reaction score
You can remove the switch by carefully prying it out with a small screw driver. Then take it apart by prying the sides of the black outer case where the tabs are. This will reveal the circuit board with the two lights on it. Radio Shack has miniture bulbs that are twelve volts and should be between 40-70 miliamps. You can solder these back in place. Remember to replace both at the same time due to the difference in brightness. Replace the blue bulb covers and reassemble. This should take care of the burned out bulbs.

Thanks,
Rob

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh thats too much work for some little lights, Ill just leave em alone. but thanks now I know just in case but is that usually the problem with all the bulbs

jjrmather

Reaction score
oh thats too much work for some little lights, Ill just leave em alone. but thanks now I know just in case but is that usually the problem with all the bulbs

You can buy them from the dealer for $23.00 plus tax for the entire switch.

Rob

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats not half bad! Ima have to check that out but are the button harnesses just plugg and play?