05 Tahoe auto control module getting wet after rain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tara

Reaction score
2005 Tahoe auto climate control module gets wet everytime it rains, causing the curcuit board to short out. Keep having to re-buy control modules, 3x so far, please help if anyone knows how water could be getting inside my control module, causing my front blower to stop working. Thanks:whymewhyme:

Tara

Reaction score
[SOLVED] Found out just where water was leaking

FIRST make sure to remove the black cover near passenger floorboard and remove blower motor and control module so they do not get wet. I removed the wipers with the assist of a top post battery terminal puller to prevent damaging the wiper arm.Then removed the two screws and 3 clips on the wiper cowl and under the cowl is where the opening is. then by standing on the drivers side with a flashlight looking thru an opening you can see the fresh air intake located on the passenger side below the cowl. while someone is running a water hose on windshield, the water ran down and under the access panel, just above the air intake. the seal around the access panel went bad, as i could see shining the flashlight,a stream of water leaking straight thru and into the area where blower motor and control module was located. so i cleaned the area around the access panel seal real well with an old toothbrush. then put clear automotive high flowing windshield sealant slowly into the seam and then built it up until good thick coating. i'd let it dry overnight then put cowl back and then wipers back and blower motor and module and dash cover. seems like GM would've designed this differently. hope this helps anyone w/ same issue.

Attachments

• water leaking in through tahoe access panel seal.jpg
    water leaking in through tahoe access panel seal.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 9
  • water leaking in through tahoe access panel seal2.jpg
    water leaking in through tahoe access panel seal2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 9
  • water leaking in through tahoe access panel seal4.jpg
    water leaking in through tahoe access panel seal4.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 9