05 Tahoe Autoride rear sits too high w/ no load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tara

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Bought a 2005 Tahoe LT w/ Autoride last week, 85,000 miles, and now the compressor, loud as ****, kicks on every time at startup for at least 15 seconds and raises the rearend WAY too high, and never is there any trailer/load on back. My rear air shocks are leaking. Would that be the reason for the rearend to sit so high? And if I replace them w/ Arnott OEM shocks will that fix my problem, so compressor does not kick on every ** time @ start up, and will that level itself to normal height? It shouldn't kick on unless a load is attached, Right? Any help appreciated! Thanks!!:help:

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well for starters either way you need to replace the leaking air shocks.. are you getting a Service Ride Control on your DIC... If so you need to get the DTCs stored in the ALC module chances are you may have 1 of 2 things going on or both.. the ALC compressor exhaust value is stuck shut and or the ALC level sensors are out and sending a incorrect signal to the ALC module keeping the compressor on thinking its lower than what it is

Tara

Reaction score
Thank u for responding! I am getting the shocks replaced very soon. I have no service ride control coming on the DIC at all. When i mixed dawn dish soap and water in spray bottle and with tahoe on, sprayed it on the shocks, I could barely see foam foaming out, as if it was leaking out of the pores of the rubber. Not sure if its an actual leak. So thinking maybe the level sensors are out... want to get this fixed before compressor runs so much it burns out. Do you suppose its the sensors then? Thanks again!!

rockenthebowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its hard to say but yea maybe the level sensors only you really need a scan tool to look at level sensors data especially with no service warning on the DIC.. Yea thay how it looks when you spray soapy water when leaking with small pin hol we leaks.. little concentrated suds

Tara

Reaction score
Thanks again for your reply! I guess off to the stealership for a scan.....:(

Tara

Reaction score
Autoride fixed!

Here's an update at what fixed my 05 Tahoe. My rear left height sensor was out and cost me $300 at the stealership for the scan and new sensor and installed etc. Finally fixed. :waytogo:
Although my compressor sounds bad and loud still, as it does kick on every time at start up as it should I suppose. But only kicks on for 3 seconds instead of the past when it kicked on for 30 frustrating seconds. Now rear does sit at normal height. I'm sure I'll be replacing the compressor and shocks down the road. For now I'm gonna enjoy my recently purchased Tahoe. And glad to finally be done with those **** car dealers..
what ** sneakin lying ** .:killer: