07 Hoe issue to worry about or.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97tahoe

Reaction score
Hello All

I need your opinions on a 2007 Tahoe I am looking to buy.

It has alot of miles (60k) but I usually keep my vehicles for 10 years so.... My concern is at 10 miles it had a "housing, steering shaft bearing-tilt" replaced, at 8k miles it had a "seal,transmission oil pump" replaced and at 12k miles it had a "seal, extension housing rear" replaced.

Nothing done by GM since that and I am wondering if those are major issues or nothing to worry about especially since they have already been fixed?

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would move on. That is a lot of miles and I know everyone says 'freeway miles' but who knows. I would keep looking for something with less miles. My dealer had an 07 LTZ for $28K that had about 32K on the odo for comparison. Unless you know the person, the vehicle could have been beat. Just my two pennies.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run and don't look back, it does have alot of miles and with all those early problems, not even fixed by GM!
Move on,you can find better than that!

97tahoe

Reaction score
No all the repairs I listed were covered /fixed by GM. That's how I found out about them.

I have found 2 '07's with roughly the same mileage for under $20k so maybe I am just hoping any future problems will be minor.

I guess that's the trouble with buying a used car....you just really never know.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just think it's weird that you guys are saying it has alot of miles.

Is it alot of miles for the year or just alot miles period?

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just think it's weird that you guys are saying it has alot of miles.

Is it alot of miles for the year or just alot miles period?

A lot of miles for the year, but I bought my '08 Z71 new in January and it has 43k so in comparison to mine thats fairly low. I've just had minor problems (Stabilitrak, ABS, and window motor).

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 07 as a left over in may of 08 with just over 200 miles on it. Today i turned 9k miles. In my truck hunt i found 05s with 60k miles and 03's with 40k miles or vica versa. I really just depends on who owns it. But i would not worry about the issues, i would just say the market is down, you can find one with lower miles on it. But milage is not a big concern of mine, These are GM trucks. I have taken some to over 300k, and my burban is on orig engine and rebuilt tranny. Bought with 140k now have avour 143k.

97tahoe

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the miles thing. I guess it seems high for only an '07 but my current Tahoe has 200k+ and my previous Suburban also had 200k+. So considering I keep and maintain my vehicles, that's less a concern.

What I wanted more input on was the repairs. I have heard many on this forum say that the steering issue is common with Tahoes and at least that was already done. I plan on checking closely for any signs of leaks since it does list the seal being a repair but other that that I guess how it feels behind the wheel/on the road is the important thing.