07 tahoe procharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sotorin

Reaction score
Here are some pictures.

IMG_1.JPG

IMG_2.JPG

IMG_3.JPG

IMG_4.JPG

IMG_5.JPG

IMG_6.JPG

IMG_7.JPG

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AWSOME!!!!!!! Thanks for the pics. Now how about a 0-100 video:smilielol: If you dont want to just let me drive. LOL:smilielol:

Sotorin

Reaction score
dude.

awesome.
just plain awesome.

Thanks bro!

AWSOME!!!!!!! Thanks for the pics. Now how about a 0-100 video If you dont want to just let me drive. LOL

I need to find a place where I can go from 0 to 100. Probably would be easier to do say 30 or 40 to 100. That I'm doing daily on my way to work (well, maybe I only go up to 90). I could only do it on the interstate and as such I don't want to have to completely stop before I can floor it. If I did that I'd have cops on me sooner than if I was going 100. I'll think about it. Maybe if I go out of town I'll do it on an empty stretch of an interstate.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro!

I need to find a place where I can go from 0 to 100. Probably would be easier to do say 30 or 40 to 100. That I'm doing daily on my way to work (well, maybe I only go up to 90). I could only do it on the interstate and as such I don't want to have to completely stop before I can floor it. If I did that I'd have cops on me sooner than if I was going 100. I'll think about it. Maybe if I go out of town I'll do it on an empty stretch of an interstate.

just look around. Here im on the edge. I live in the heart of town. But i drive 6 min east and have a good 5 mile stretch of road out in the middle of knoware where the planes land for the Oceana navel base (road next to the run way) It was awsome to take my xl to 100 and be hanging with a de accelriating airplane. LOL word is the new Hornits get from 0-100 in ONE SECOND!!! But just look around. I have done dead stops and love the engine sound. Was playing with a gt last night, he stayed ahead, but was happy how long i hung with him LOL. You can look around on this road and see im not the only one who plays around there, there are other tire marks and burb out marks on the road. ITS AWSOME!!!

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see the intercooler mounted below the radiator. Is there any type of scoop or deflector to direct air thru it? Seems like some type of CAI is needed also. But it looks pretty cool.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is wrong with procharger????

Why is the filter there? seems like a nice place to suck in HOT air and increase IAT's. Why not put a reverse rotation unit on and plumb the filter into the stock filter location - would at least get Cold Air from there... Could plumb up the intercooler from the other side or something.

I dunno, sometime it seems they just throw this stuff togethor.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what an Intercooler is for....

So... Are you telling me that if you monitored the IAT's coming from the setup as is, then moved the filter to the stock box location - you dont believe you would see an IAT decrease?

We all know that the Air to Air are not the most efficient - and it does not appear the location of this intercooler is the most efficient for air passing through it (I mean, it is laid almost flat? How effective can that be?). Couple this with the under hood temps that are TRAPPED and dont ventilate very well. The more you drive that truck, the higher the IAT's are going to climb.

Just seems to be a recipe for detonation. Which on lsx motors = KABOOM.

Last edited:

aaron72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say make an opening in the hood and build a box around that filter that seals to the hood. That should help things out quite a bit.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not saying that the product does not work... But is surely can be tweaked to be more efficient.

Does appear to be "thrown" togethor...

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Care to explain? Maybe you have Engineered something better?

Sure, there are a few ways you can approach modifications:
  • Envision how it should be if that modification were intended from the get-go and make no compromises (most expensive/well engineered)
  • Envision how it should be, evaluate what parts you have and make compromises where needed
  • Take what parts you have and just throw them under the hood wherever they will fit (least expensive/hack)

IMHO I think this design falls somewhere between a compromise and a hack, clearly some modifications were made, but placing an intercooler perpendicular to the flow of air is asinine.

tim@sp

Reaction score
Sure, there are a few ways you can approach modifications:
  • Envision how it should be if that modification were intended from the get-go and make no compromises (most expensive/well engineered)
  • Envision how it should be, evaluate what parts you have and make compromises where needed
  • Take what parts you have and just throw them under the hood wherever they will fit (least expensive/hack)

IMHO I think this design falls somewhere between a compromise and a hack, clearly some modifications were made, but placing an intercooler perpendicular to the flow of air is asinine.

There is an Air Dam under the IC to pull air up toward the IC... Intake air temps are just fine. Have you seen a radiator on Corvette? it sits on a very steep angle, and all air is diverted using an piece of plastic to guide the air to it. Stupid HACK GM Engineers What were they thinking...
Yeah they could have made an IC kit to fit in front of the rad... but then you have to HACK up stuff to make it work... Hence voiding the warranty. You need to look at that aspect of it first... Its a stock motor in a stock TAHOE that is still under warranty. Under your engineering Plan the warranty would be instantly void. Or the company would go broke as you have to reproduce custom parts for all 60 of your Supercharger kits. The kits would be so overpriced that you would never sell one...
You think the starter, water pump or several other parts in or on your Tahoe are one of a kind... NO, its pulled from another model to save cost and keep the price down for the consumer.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an Air Dam under the IC to pull air up toward the IC... Intake air temps are just fine. Have you seen a radiator on Corvette? it sits on a very steep angle, and all air is diverted using an piece of plastic to guide the air to it. Stupid HACK GM Engineers What were they thinking...
Yeah they could have made an IC kit to fit in front of the rad... but then you have to HACK up stuff to make it work... Hence voiding the warranty. You need to look at that aspect of it first... Its a stock motor in a stock TAHOE that is still under warranty. Under your engineering Plan the warranty would be instantly void. Or the company would go broke as you have to reproduce custom parts for all 60 of your Supercharger kits. The kits would be so overpriced that you would never sell one...
You think the starter, water pump or several other parts in or on your Tahoe are one of a kind... NO, its pulled from another model to save cost and keep the price down for the consumer.

Dude, relax, I'm not attacking you, I'm just giving you my impression. You can't see any sort of Air dam in that picture. Also the addition of the plastic changes the direction of the airflow making it more perpendicular to the intercooler, I have no problem with that.

I also don't think that the first bullet is the best solution, the best solution is the happy medium, I'm saying I don't think this design is quite there.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Are you saying the warranty isn’t already voided by the installation of the procharger? HAHAHA... that's funny.

These comments are not directed at you, but at procharger.

The pictures supplied do not show how air is being directed up into the IC, and I have a C5 - so i know the great downfalls to this type of setup, and GM changed the design for the C6 because of the issues. Let's not even get into how procharger thought it would be a good idea to suck air from BEHIND the radiator on the c5...Amazing the amount of HP one get's from just changing this setup.., oh, and then there is the whole stealing designs of competitors to fix their problems, But back to the topic at hand.

I just don’t understand why they put the filter where they did... I mean, didn’t we all learn in elementary school that heat rises? so... why would they put the filter over the exhaust manifold? They already have reverse rotation units, and it should have been easy enough to plumb the intake to a Cold Air location. I guess that is what bugs me the most.

This kit is not just for the tahoe... Would also fit the Suburban, Yukon, Escalade, Avalanche, Escalade EXT, Silveraldo, Sierra, Etc... Sure their may be some SLIGHT variations, but the core kit should be identicle. I would bet they are selling more then "60" kits with this coverage. Although, after seeing the actual setup myself - I wouldnt buy it.