07 Yukon Flashing Engine Light/Stabilitrak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clum553946

Reaction score
I have an 07 Yukon 5.3 with 64K miles. coming home from a trip, the warning bell went off & then the light forstabiltrak comes on, the info center says stabilitrak off, service stabilitrak, traction control off, service traction control. Also the check engine light starts flashing & the engine develops a miss & loses about 5 mpg. Aldo, transmission starts shifting really hard on the 1-2 & 2-3 upshifts. Call onstar & they say the engine threw two codes, loss of stablitrak & engine has a miss. I stop & try resetting, the car goes for a few blocks & the lights come on again. Since I'm in the desert & a ways from home I decide to get as far as I can. Make long story short, after about 200 miles after these developments the symptoms just disappear, the lights go off & the car runs fine the rest of the way home. Anyone ever have something like this happen & what do I do now? Drove it around town today & everything seems fine. Thanks for any info!

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

It actually sounds like you may have gotten some bad fuel that developed the miss in the engine. As for the stabilitrac, that could be one of several things, ABS sensors at the hub bearing, a yaw rate sensor going bad or a steering wheel position sensor going bad. But since the symptoms came and went I would check the tops of the ront hub bearings for excess corrosion to make sure the corrosion hasn't caused just enough separation between the ABS sensor on the top of the hub bearing and the magnetic gear inside the hub bearing first to eliminate that before assuming that the yaw rate or steering wheel position sensors are bad.

clum553946

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. What's odd to me is the symptoms appeared & vanished at the same time!

pavet12

Reaction score
My 07 Tahoe did the same thing. I cleaned the throttle body and both haven't come back. Been over 1500 miles since.

HoleInOne

Reaction score
I had the same thing and my dealer said I needed all new lifters....put a can of Seafoam in the oil and problem was solved. Now a month later same issues. Codes read at Autozone say #1 cylinder not firing. Could be coil, sparkplug???