08-09 denali.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want one. What kinda deals are out there? I so want the 6.2 and 6 speed. Plus I want all the gadgets that are not on my 07. Mine is an SLT-1 with added nav and heated seats through the dealer. Other than that it has what is standard. I want bells and whistles, Now is the time to buy. But what kinda deals are out there for the 09. IT is a cash deal. It would NOT be an XL. Just a regular size yukon. i would remove the third row and get a cargo mat.

But here is the issue I want your help with. Next month I get my kon back from the GF and she gets her own car and life back. Anyway. Is it worth it to me to trade it, Or since the dealers are not giving much is it better for me to keep it?? I bought it in may of 08 for 31k. It was a late 07 left over with 200 miles on it. Sold to me new. I bet im going to see AT MOST 15k for it. I would think it would be worth it for me to just keep it at that point. Dont you??? I want somthing with more comfort, power, and with a 6 speed tranny. As Im going to be cross country road tripping it to about 12 big us citys about 3 times a year. The denali fits that bill Quite well. If I had a brain in my head I would have bought an 08 denali last may. But Thats what I get for trying to save a buck. I know it makes no sense to have 2 of the same vehicles But im sure I could find a use for it. Plus ITs really like taking 15k out of your account and throwing it out the window. I actully loose less by keeping it. But you guys may have different thoughts.

Thanks for yalls help RT.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suggest you get the Denali if you are financially ready consdering you want that DTS too.
I do also suggest you get the redualr Denali so it will be cheaper for you since you just pretty much got the Yukon. They're rolling out the dealer for pretty cheap and you shouldn;t have a hard time getting a loaded one for around $40k.
I also suggest you sell the current Yukon only if they offer up to $20K for it, tis too new too let go for too cheap, private selling over trade-in may also get you more money too!

Now to round t up I suggest you throw a nice set of HIDs on your new Denali with a nice leveling kit with 35" tires and chrome Eagle Alloy wheels and a Blackbear Tune and then you'll be in love with it for atleast 4 years.:D

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I WOULD KEEP IT YOU GOT IR FOR A HELL OF A PRICE! THATS A STEAL!!!!HOW MANY MILES ON UR YUKON NOW??? GMC IS DOING A SPECIAL I THINK WHERE U GET 4500 FOR A TRADE IN OF 99+ MODEL FOR NEW 09S...http://www.gm.com/loyalty/?brandId=gc&src=hom&cmp=GMC_Loyalty_HPTile BUT I WOULD JUST KEEP THE YUKON CUZ U GOT IT FOR A GOOD DEAL MY TAHOE IS AND 07 I GOT IT IN SEPT OF 07 W/5200MLS FOR $34K.... GO TO http://www.kbb.com/kbb/UsedCars/default.aspx SEE HOW MUCH THEY ARE ASKING ITS ONLY AN ESTIMATE!!! SO IT COULD BE MORE LESS.....IF YOU HAVE A CARMAX NEARBY HAVE THEM APPRAISE IT ALSO!!!! GOOD LUCK ON UR CHOICE...KEEP US POSTED..

nc6600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the 'Nali and sell your 'Yuk privately.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score

RT

by the nalli now is the time to buy. but not the time to sell. keep the kon untill things with the economy turn around then sell it out right.

most people dont think of this because they simply cant afford to have both that is why people trade in even though they know they are getting hosed

remember this is my job it is what i do

from my standpoint and everything i have seen in the last 6 months prices change alot

for example i bought my 03 burban 90 k LT loaded everything but nav. one owner DR.

know remember i am a dealer but i bought it from the new chevy dealer in town wholesale at $6200

i just bought last week a 02 Z71 burban 130k loaded for $7000.

this is because gas is down and stuff is selling again so the values have went up

which you hardly ever see in the car market but i have seen it

so keep the kon buy a nalli and wait untill they quit giving the 07-09;s away to sell the kon

another example
customer comes in to trade his truck in 08 chevy 5.3 regular cab 2wd 20k on it. his other truck 04 extra cab 5.3 ls 104k was worth more on a trade than the 08 bc you can by the 08 brand new just like it for like $14000 so your used one isnt worth anything. same as your yukon. but when the price goes back up on the brand new stuff guess what your used price goes up as well

sorry so long just trying to help like you have helped so many of us

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is insted of the cadillac deville. I dont need both.

MY current yukon has 12k miles on it.

I love the deals going. and as yall say its the perfect time to buy, but a horrible time to sell. I dont feel like trying to private sell, To much hassle with all that is going on. I talked to my dealer and he said 16k most for a trade in. But he has an 09 denali (non Xl) that he would let go for 41k, It was a demo and has 1400 miles on it. Its white diomand with preforated tan leather interior. Im going to see it WED. It would give me an extra year and 12k miles on to the B2B warrenty as well. I just dont get a free year of onstar or Xm. I get the remander of 9 months.

burban man. I like that Idea, I owe nothing on the old yukon so Its not costing me money to keep it. The new one would also be a cash deal. IM super excited to go see this one. :D

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey rt for 16k they are ripping u off!!!! Did u go 2 kbb.com??? Well i did for u and the est. Private sale it 27k, the trade in is 24k, and sugg.retail is 30k, soo def not sell it..you will lose money big time! if u go 2 the dealer talk him down and say if i cant get at least 24k for my truck then nvm!!! He'll switch up i bet!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey rt for 16k they are ripping u off!!!! Did u go 2 kbb.com??? Well i did for u and the est. Private sale it 27k, the trade in is 24k, and sugg.retail is 30k, soo def not sell it..you will lose money big time! if u go 2 the dealer talk him down and say if i cant get at least 24k for my truck then nvm!!! He'll switch up i bet!

HOLY chit. Thats what I paid new. :crazy:

IDK. I really like the 07, and its always nice to have a back up. I doubt he is gunna give me more consitering the deals he has for the 09. I may try private, but im gunna wait until the market is better.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for get the book guys it is not always right specially on late model stuff

example: When you were a kid and collected baseball cards you would go down and get a Beckett to see what the card was worth. if it told you the card was worth $100 it was not if no one was willing to pay $100 for it.

same with cars the book is sometimes high low or dead on you have to know your market. the book is way off on late model stuff right now it shows a used 07 tahoe worth more than what you can go buy a brand new for!

as a dealer when i go to the auction i use black book as a starting point but i need to know what that car is selling for in my market if i whent off kbb i would be out of business in two weeks .

RT just hang on to it buy the nalli and sell when they quit giving new ones away when they do that the value of yours will jump back up

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there being that $$ does not seem to be an issue...

What about a Supercharger on the 5.3? Just the whine would be kick ass!
Exhaust?
What about suspension work and rims?
What about getting the tranny worked on at a performace shop?
What about an insane sound system?

All the above? :cool2:

Why don't you take 15K-20K and make your truck scream down the road and look 100% better than any other?

I just think trading an green apple for a red apple is a bore? So you get more chrome and more fake wood interior? Big whoop?! The extra what... 30-40hp and two extra gears for another 41K? Oh cooled seats, they are not that great. Have 'em, not worth 41K.

Don't mean to rain on a parade, but why not have a kegger and skip the damn parade? Nobody likes floats anyway... :smilielol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there being that $$ does not seem to be an issue...

What about a Supercharger on the 5.3? Just the whine would be kick ass!
Exhaust?
What about suspension work and rims?
What about getting the tranny worked on at a performace shop?
What about an insane sound system?

All the above? :cool2:

Why don't you take 15K-20K and make your truck scream down the road and look 100% better than any other?

I just think trading an green apple for a red apple is a bore? So you get more chrome and more fake wood interior? Big whoop?! The extra what... 30-40hp and two extra gears for another 41K? Oh cooled seats, they are not that great. Have 'em, not worth 41K.

Don't mean to rain on a parade, but why not have a kegger and skip the damn parade? Nobody likes floats anyway... :smilielol:

well.

1, warrenty is gone to ****.
2. that is not a concern to me. I like the stock rims.
3. also puts the warrenty in the toilet.
4. Well I like that part.

Im just a spoiled brat and like the fact of owning two of them. Plus its more like 100 hp after a BB tune. Plus 2 extra gears to make it faster. all i gotta do is sign a check. I thought about what your saying but then slept on it. Why Would I spend 20k when for a little bit more I can get a new one at 25k off sticker. If it was 2005 then sure, cause they were selling like hotcakes.

I like crome and fake wood. Plus a denali just says, Cool. IDK, I was going to buy an 08 back in may but didnt. Well I have a chance again. But if I did do what you were sayin to the 07 I would also get some new seats. Make it like a conversion suv. What your saying is sort of pratical, but think of this. I dont have a DD for another month and a half. to rent a yukon at 95 dollars a day from hertz 95x50 days thats $4750. That is a good chunk on a new one that I keep that is not a base model and is LOADED. IDK. our views are different, but its good to have some critical thinking. Makes the decision better in the long run. I have also been checking out acadias. But owned and acadia and loved it except for the stupid v-6. But I read they got a new v-6 that they put in the CTS which has 300 hp. SO IDK. Its all gunna pan out on what I think wed about the white one.

Last edited:

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just 'thunkin' is all. Of course, when you say, "I have it!", I will hate you, and be jealous, and swear at you, and kick kittens, and... :yesnod: :smilielol:

Being spoiled is fine. Can't say that I'm living a hard life. :cool2:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just 'thunkin' is all. Of course, when you say, "I have it!", I will hate you, and be jealous, and swear at you, and kick kittens, and... :yesnod: :smilielol:

Being spoiled is fine. Can't say that I'm living a hard life. :cool2:

I hope to say " I have it" very soon. Aww dont be mean to the kittens. LOL. Im so excited I cant sleep. I never thought I would own a denali this soon. Much less have TWO yukons sitting purty in my driveway. All I know is the mercedes will loose is spot in the garage, move the vette over to teh smaller side of the garage and denali goes in. All there is to it. Just think. I could park all three in the grass and get some sick nasty camera shots with my new Nikon. Then this summer start project number 2 which I like to call "make my back yard nicer than yours". :smilielol:

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful RT...cause...

laugh.jpg