'08/'09 trim level & options questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I''ve been enjoying my ''02 Tahoe since I bought it new the same year. Great truck. Now I''m looking to continue the tradition by considering a 2008 or 2009 Tahoe. I have some questions regarding options packages, though:

- Can you get the LTZ package but NOT get the chrome door handles, grille, and mirror covers? (I''m thinking of a black truck, and would like those items to be body-color.)

- Do the 2nd row captain''s chairs RECLINE? If so, how much?

- If you get the 2nd row captain''s chairs, do you automatically get third row seats with that? Or, are they an option?

- Are the 2009s on the road yet? If I were to ORDER a truck now, would I be ordering a 2009?

That''s all for now. Thanks for your help!

/< / /2 /<

(Posted this same exact post elsewhere... Just trying to get more exposure to the questions to get some answers. Thanks!)

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can get the LTZ package without all the chrome, which I'm not really a fan of, but the chrome grille and tow hooks look good, I think all the chrome is part of the Chrome appearance package which is not on all LTZ's.

The second row captain chairs most likely recline but I'm not sure because I have the bench configuration, so somebody else with them should be more help than me.

Yeah 09's are just coming out, so I think there should be a few but not many, and if you order a Tahoe now you will get an 09 unless it is brought form a partnered/nearby dealership.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you order now you would be ordering an 09. Also the '09 LTZ comes with Chrome door handles, chrome accented side and bumper moldings. The Chrome tow hooks that Nnaboy was refering to was part of a "chrome package" that was available on '08 tahoes and burbs which also includes your choice of chrome rims and a chrome exhaust tip.

http://www.chevrolet.com/pop/tahoe/2008/chrome_appearance_package_en.jsp

I don't believe it is an option on the '09's. If you don't want chrome door handles/molding accent trim etc. then you can probably get a LT with most of the same options that you can get on the LTZ.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, folks. It sounds like all I really want is the LT3 with some interior options. Would probably go aftermarket on the wheels, so... I think I'm set.

Thanks for the help!

/< / /2 /<

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My $ .02-
Yeah the LTZ will come with chrome on the grill, mirrors, and handles. Gotta get an LT to get body color.
The row 2 buckets recline, but only a few degrees, it's not a full lay down.
In '08 the 3rd row only came standard in LTZ, all others had to add it, regardless if row 2 bench or buckets. However, 09 has different LT packages now, so I'd double check the thread that was made about it a while back.
Yes you would be ordering an 09.

Good luck!

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the reclining 2nd row and I am 6'3" and I love them. I can recline back enough to fall asleep while watching a movie. Mine is a ltz. The chrome isn't too much. The chrome package is tacky. Got lt3

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just priced a 3LT out on chevrolet.com and I didn't see the option for buckets, only an option for power fold second row bench.

Nah the Chevy sites been missing that option for months. Doesn't mean anything, except that the site designers suck. Needless to say it was available regardless of what the site showed. Another example- The only way to choose Z71 was to pick 2 tone seats on the interior page, and then BAM, $1800 for the leather; but now it's a Z71. There was all kinds of mess ups when I was running it a few months ago, you can't depend on it.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, is the current $6000 rebate only on '08's, or do you also get that if you're ordering an '09?

Thanks again.

/< / /2 /<

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Incidentally, is the current $6000 rebate only on '08's, or do you also get that if you're ordering an '09?

Thanks again.

/< / /2 /<

Do I wish! (buying an '09 currently)

Only on the '08s..... I'd wait until the 19th when the new deals come out. (maybe we'll get lucky on the '09s)

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I wish! (buying an '09 currently)

Only on the '08s..... I'd wait until the 19th when the new deals come out. (maybe we'll get lucky on the '09s)

You talking about August 19th? What is rumored to happen on that date?

Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You talking about August 19th? What is rumored to happen on that date?

Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

The current programs end on Aug 19th so you can figure GM / GMAC is going to make a push for Labor Day Sales on or around that day. This common practice.

I plan on waiting until the EOM programs come out. If nothing looks good that I'll wait until the Sept 1 programs drop. If there's still nothing, I'll take the hit of 4.5 - 5.5% financing.

supergeess

Reaction score
I have been searching and searching...does anyone know if the second row capatin chairs can be made to fully recline (lay flat)?