08 tahoe engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anthony22

Reaction score
Quick question? Do all 08 Tahoe LTZ come with the 5.3L v8 stock and not the 4.8 thanks for the help.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's a 4.8L, but only in an LS model. You'd never get one in an LTZ, that's for sure. And I think the LTZ engine option upgrade now is a 6.2L. Which I'd die to have it in my 4X4, but they won't do it yet.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For '08s, the 4.8L was in the LS 2WD model only per the dealer brochure.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.0 is only on the hybrid (detuned a good bit) or on 2500 suburbans and yukon xls only. 6.0 is not available on your standard ltz tahoe. Only 5.3 or the very rare 6.2 liter.

I keep forgetting that this is a tahoe forum, I own a suburban and it's ether the 5.3 or the 6.0 in the LTZ. I guess its the 5.3 or 6.2 in the tahoe?

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I think it's because the early 07s were 6.0 and then it changed to 6.2, but I'm not sure exactly when. Suburban and Tahoe still both run the same.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont know why chevy did not give the suburban the 6.2 liter. But Im sooooooooooo temped to trade my yukon in on the 09 tahoe sitting at my chevy dealer with the 6.2. With the deals out there now. If they gave me half of what I paid for the yukon then I may go for it. Its a carbon black, with tan interior, captains, nav, dvd, sunroof, power fold seats, power liftgate, xm traffic, heated cooled seats, bluetooth, and all the other bells and whistles that is on an LTZ, I think its 2wd, but my current yukon is 2wd, so thats not a big deal, if its 4x4, even better. Only negative IM worried about is loosing all that space. But with the silverado that is not as big of worry to me.