'08 vs '09 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airbornedoc

Reaction score
What is the advantage of buying an 09 versus an 08 denali yukon? I can't find any significant differences between the model years. For example, they both have the 6.2 L 6 speed transmission? Thanks. ABN

mgyver1

Reaction score
I bought the '08 due to the lifetime powertrain warranty. Not offered on the '09. Now on the towing package for the '09 you get the external engine oil cooler along with the tranny cooler. In the '08 it's only a tranny cooler.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 09 denali also has a power increase of 23 hp. Plus Flexfuel. Cooled seats, Xm traffic, BlueTooth, and power tilt steering.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
auto up window too, which I think was a stupid oversight on the '07 and '08 Denali. It's a minor software change to have auto-up windows. I'd get the '09 unless there is a big cost difference on the '08. I got $16k off a new '08, so I'm happy with her, but I would like the cooled seats and auto up windows.

airbornedoc

Reaction score
I just asked the dealer about the lifetime powertrain warranty and they said no. The powertrain warranty is 100,000 miles and is on both the '08 and '09. ABN

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
09 will also get you a better resale when you get a new one. If you trade every 5 years or so it does. But if you keep for 10 years then it does not matter really. But my vote is for 09 enless you can get a GREAT deal on an 08.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this lifetime powertrain warranty of which you speak???

mgyver1

Reaction score
What is this lifetime powertrain warranty of which you speak???

The GM Goodwrench limited lifetime service guarantee, was told by the dealer it was only on the '08 models. It of course comes with a list a mile long of stipulations like only getting it fixed at the dealership it was bought from, etc.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only lifetime powertrain warranty was from Chrysler. Of course, lifetime only means until they go bankrupt. :rolleyes: