'08 Yukon Denali K&N Series 63 intake pics/vid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See below for 3 pictures of the installed K&N Series 63 intake and two short videos of the sound/performance of this great motor/tranny/intake combo for an SUV. Yukon is stock besides K&N intake.

DSC01405.jpg

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01407.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH7gbH53PJg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJYo6sxd6w

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a plain jane K&N Series 63 intake kit and it had the heat shield box included. Not sure what to say? I got it from a buddy here in town whose family owns one of the largest truck parts distribution companies in Texas. I got it for a better deal than I could find anywhere on the internet. He'd probably give you a better deal too if you're interested.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the intake isn't too loud, but it's a pretty nice throaty sound at WOT. The truck seems to pull better at higher rpm, I'm sure it added some horsepower, but nothing dramatic. They say 17hp with the 5.3 motor, so MAYBE 20hp, if that?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a comparative video I just made with the Vette (0 to 120mph):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMecChZGLiQ

Yukon 0 to 100mph: 15.4 seconds
Vette 0 to 100mph: 7.7 seconds

Pretty funny that my Vette is exactly twice as fast to 100mph as my Yukon. :D

WIMP!!!!!:smilielol: GO FASTER!!!!

edit, just watched another one of your videos. Your did like what i did with my vette a couple of months ago. GREAT FUN!!!

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake would work fine in Florida, certainly as good as most any intake. Humidity will affect cars no matter what.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WIMP!!!!!:smilielol: GO FASTER!!!!

edit, just watched another one of your videos. Your did like what i did with my vette a couple of months ago. GREAT FUN!!!

Yeah, track events are a blast. I've been much faster than 120mph, just not on this video. :D

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a tune to up your shift points and get rid of that limiter ;) Oh well, yours is still faster than mine :(

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a tune to up your shift points and get rid of that limiter ;) Oh well, yours is still faster than mine :(

I'd like to, but I want this baby to last 200k miles, so I'm going to leave the stock tune, shiftpoints, and limiter there. :) It's fast enough for a daily driver already.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a plain jane K&N Series 63 intake kit and it had the heat shield box included. Not sure what to say? I got it from a buddy here in town whose family owns one of the largest truck parts distribution companies in Texas. I got it for a better deal than I could find anywhere on the internet. He'd probably give you a better deal too if you're interested.

How much are we talking about? I know the next thing I buy are the G3 tail lights.:yesnod:

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are we talking about? I know the next thing I buy are the G3 tail lights.:yesnod:

I talked to my buddy. He can do the 63-3058 (just like I got) for $265 shipped to your door, brand new. His family owns a large distributor of aftermarket truck parts. PM me if you want his contact info.