1" body drop pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
How long did it take? I've got poly body mounts available to me in any size and it would be worth the work to set it down lower.
Took my brother and I good part of a day installing the new mounts and part of the next day to line the bumpers back up and put the rest back together.

are these body mounts only avail for you guys (meaning 2000 and up) or could i get em on my 95?? thanks
I'm sure there should be some available for the first gen models also. I haven't seen them specifically that I can recall, but everything else they make for our body styles they pretty much make for the first gens also. I'll definitely let you know if I happen to come across them on line somewhere.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea man. I remember that truck cuz I was thinking how sweet it looked with that caddi clip. We were heading South 35. Nice ride bro. Welcome to the forum:beerchug:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. The truck usually spends most of it's time in my garage, but my Tahoe is in the shop being repainted and having a bunch of pieces color matched, so I gotta drive something. If I get time, I'll post some pictures of the progress of it. Hope to have it done in the next few weeks or so.
One of these days I'll have to get a closer look at your ride. I really like it man. I saw your post on your DD Nav system. I'd love to get a look at that!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate it. The truck usually spends most of it's time in my garage, but my Tahoe is in the shop being repainted and having a bunch of pieces color matched, so I gotta drive something. If I get time, I'll post some pictures of the progress of it. Hope to have it done in the next few weeks or so.
One of these days I'll have to get a closer look at your ride. I really like it man. I saw your post on your DD Nav system. I'd love to get a look at that!
Yea, post some pics for sure when you get a chance. Send me a PM and we'll hook up one of these days bro.
looking good! I like how it sits over the 24's. good job man.:thumbsup:
:beerchug: thnx

chrias

Reaction score
How much clearance do you have now with your liftgate to the top of the bumper? Did it take away that huge gap? How much did you pick up the mounts for?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
How much clearance do you have now with your liftgate to the top of the bumper? Did it take away that huge gap? How much did you pick up the mounts for?
Got the body mounts and bumper brackets used for $50. The bumper brackets put the bumpers back to the same distance in relation to the body, so it looks pretty much stock.

chrias

Reaction score
Is it possible for you to contact the person again to find out what brand it is and where he bought it from? If that info isn't possible I just may take my mounts off and shave them down to save some coin. lol

Actually, I know I read online where there was an Avy featured in a mag that stated they used S10 body mounts to drop the body down an inch. I think it was the Sport Truckin' website?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Sorry bro, but I have my phone set to purge my call log with anything older than a week, so I don't have his number anymore. I still can't believe I didn't think to ask him where he got them from.

chrias

Reaction score
Do you remember seeing any sort of stamping on the brackets?

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have a 2/3 drop, but could would really love to get another inch with these body mounts. Somebody's got to know some more about this. I have not patients.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched all over online and can't find sh*t, I'm gonna compare some body mount bushings at work tomorrow and see if I can find some lower ones. Settles the truck and makes it look way smoother IMO.

grayhoe00

Reaction score
I've searched all over online and can't find sh*t, I'm gonna compare some body mount bushings at work tomorrow and see if I can find some lower ones. Settles the truck and makes it look way smoother IMO.

agreed!:thumbsup:

chrias

Reaction score

Check on the S10 body mounts. I do believe they're shorter and will work.

GEN_X

Reaction score
has anyone got any more information on these mounts yet

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Well, I left a post on craigslist trying to find the guy that I bought them from, but no such luck. I remember them looking like factory pieces, so I'm wondering if they came off another model vehicle possibly. If I find anything out, I'll definitely post up the info. Sorry I didn't even think about asking the guy when I picked them up.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna call my gm parts guy tomorrow then, seems like a really cheap mod if I can get a polyurethane energy kit for an s10.

blazed00

Reaction score
anyone figure out how to do the bodydrop?? or what to use