1995 Tahoe 4dr problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skip

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum. my question is about 1995 chevy tahoe 4dr. I recently purchased this vehicle and it ran fine but recently when I'm driving slow it is rocking from side to side as if I'm in a boat and it seems to be getting worse. Does anyone know what this could be? any help would be greatly appreciated.

justin9844

Reaction score
sounds like it could be a bent axle or rim. check lug nuts make sure there tight. or put rear on jackstands and check to see what the wheels are doin.

Skip

Reaction score
sounds like it could be a bent axle or rim. check lug nuts make sure there tight. or put rear on jackstands and check to see what the wheels are doin.

Not only am I a noob to this site, this is also my first vehicle but this was along the lines of what I was thinking, just thought I'd get some more experienced advice. I'll try and check those. I've already found broken bolts on each of the rear rotors (1 on each side) do you think this could be the cause and if so what do you think I could do to remove and replace them. (they are both broken off flush with the rotor). I consider myself to be mechanically inclined, just don't want to do more damage. Finally, thanks a million for such a quick reply(already have a great feeling about this site!!)

Skip

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Turns out all it was (and I'm really embarassed!) was the tires. Slapped some new ones on and now I'm smooth sail'n. Thanks again for the advice and if there is anything else you can think of checking besides the routine stuff please let me know.