1999 5.7L, removing intake manifold, A/C bracket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hd_ryder

Reaction score
I am removing the Intake Manifold of my '99 Tahoe with 5.7L.

Will I need to use a Power Streering puller on the pulley to access all bolts to remove the large A/C bracket bolted to the front of the motor (probably cylinder heads)?

Thanks for the help!

byrdj74478

Reaction score
Nope... I just did mine .. you can fit a small box wrench down in between.. Is kind of a pain but will save you buying a puller .. Also you can get the intake off with out removing the PS pump and just loosing the bolts. you'll want to have the bolts almost all the way loose for clearance. But dont take them all the way off .. or youll never geet them back on ..3 in the front and three inn the back. The only catch is your going to want to have someone there to help you lower the manifold back on.. It kind of tricky with the pump still attached..

dcil

Reaction score
You can remove the a/c compressor and cut a notch in the bracket over the PITA bolt there. have to go back then up and your out