1999 Tahoe Diesel Engine Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timberwolf17044

Reaction score
I have a 1999 Tahoe, body is in great shape and I recently installed new heads. It needs transmission work also. Its been sitting for over a year now and I'm considering trying to find a diesel engine to drop into it. Has anyone ever done this swap? Any input is appreciated.

EGaskamp

Reaction score
I've never done it but I'm a Cummins fanatic! I've mostly owned 12 valves, which can is used a lot in coversions. A lot of people do the 12 valve Cummins conversions on full size Chevys which they make kits for. I don't see why a Tahoe would be any different. Also the 4BT (4 cylinder) is very popular for custom swaps. With a 12 valve you can make TONS of power while getting great mileage. Most of the mods are done yourself since the engine is all mechanical and uses an ECM only for things like the fuel shut off solenoid. This makes it really versatile. Just something to look into.

Eric

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds neat, keep us updated with pix and progress if you go for it.....